Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Abandoned registrations - live events

Community MVP
    Posted 05-18-2022 10:34
    I have probably brought this up before.
    One our yearly event registrations is off. The event is not until late Sept and maybe we opened up registration too early?
    Stakeholders are always in a panic to open registration early.

I've been tracking events for several years week by week, and this one is definately off. They don't want to hear my forecast. :)
    Prepandemic I can come close to estimating the number of registrations each week. Postpandemic is a different story.
    While sporting and music events seem to have no problem, our live events are slow.

Anyway...

In one particular event we have188 registered 62 abandoned.
    Personal Information 30
    Registration Items 10
    Registration Summary 16
    Sessions 6
    Grand Total 62

Close to a 25%  abandoned rate.
    I send reminder emails 1, 2 and 7 days.

Even though we are 23 weeks from our event, I can see we are down by at least 25%.

Wondering what others are seeing for their live events.

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 2.  RE: Abandoned registrations - live events

Community MVP
    Posted 05-24-2022 12:31
    Hi Steven,

I am unclear as to whether you launched this one earlier than in past years... and now in the week we are at (near end of May), have you normally launched? 

Either way, it does seem a bit too early for a consumer-related event registration - I am also in a car club (Chrysler Crossfires) and on the planning committee, and we haven't even started planning (thankfully, there's not much to it and very grass-roots) for our event at the beginning of October (Tail of the Dragon). 

I think that COVID has changed everything, and made people more leery of booking things very far in advance. I would imagine that as time goes on, you'll see your numbers climb; although perhaps because of the times we're in, you won't see attendance as high as in previous years. Many people are still cautious.

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.United States

• 3.  RE: Abandoned registrations - live events

Community MVP
    Posted 05-24-2022 12:46
    318 of my favorite turns. :)

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: Abandoned registrations - live events

User Group Member
    Posted 05-24-2022 15:59
    I believe our team has been seeing about a 15% drop-off for our in-person events as compared to when they were last in person in 2019/early 2020 and that's across several different audiences.

Jessica johnson
    Web Site Editor
    APCIA

• 5.  RE: Abandoned registrations - live events

User Group Member
    Posted 05-25-2022 12:53
    It seems like it varies from company to company, from program to program so it is very hard to compare it to historical data. Some people are excited to get back out there and meet in person, some are still uncomfortable with the idea. Overall I would say everything has been extremely last minute. I feel like people are planning their schedule out month by month and not booking things that show they are multiple months away.

Katie Dreifus
    Registration Manager
    PwC Management Services LPUnited States