Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  CVENT RFP problem with submitting room/meeting space when only can submit rooms

Posted 01-04-2023 16:00
    I have a CVENT lead which is a city wide inquiry for rooms plus meeting space.  Since we are a small hotel, we can't bid on the meeting space portion.  I can't submit the bid since I have to fill in all of the meeting space info which we can't do.  I went ahead and sent the proposal separately to the client letting them know but the CVENT lead still says proposal still waiting.  What steps can you take to submit the bid?  

Thanks.

Ruth Trail
    #SupplierNetwork
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Ruth Trail
    Senior Sales Manager
    Mayflower Park HotelUnited States

• 2.  RE: CVENT RFP problem with submitting room/meeting space when only can submit rooms

Posted 01-06-2023 13:39
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 07-31-2023 15:17

Hi Ruth.

Happy New year! I hope you are well!

I got this checked and you can choose not to submit the meeting room and still submit the RFP.

I hope this helps.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: CVENT RFP problem with submitting room/meeting space when only can submit rooms

Posted 01-09-2023 15:08
    Hi Ruth, 

We note in comments that we are only able to bid on the guest rooms

Colleen Beck
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    The Westin Tampa Bay

• 4.  RE: CVENT RFP problem with submitting room/meeting space when only can submit rooms

Posted 01-12-2023 13:22
    Edited by Alaina Del Real 01-18-2023 09:31
    Hello Ruth,

Colleen is right that you can be clear in the comments that you are bidding only on the room block. If this was for a non-city wide lead, looking for a single venue, I would suggest using the Available With Limitations availability option in step one. With this being a city wide lead, they likely do not expect every venue to bid on both the rooms and spaces, so you can bid using your normal availability option. 

Since you've already responded outside of Cvent, you can let the Planner know that you will be submitting it again within Cvent. Reference in the Cvent proposal introduction that this is a follow up your initial out of Cvent response on X date. You can even attach that email to the proposal. Planners that send RFPs via the #CventSupplierNetwork typically want to keep all the response within Cvent, that way they can manage responses in one system. 

Helpful Articles:

Creating a Proposal

Tips for Creating a Proposal Fast

Attaching Documents to Your Profile or Proposal

Understanding RFP and Proposal Statuses

Editing and Resending a Proposal

Example of a proposal for a Quick RFP

Proposing Alternate Dates

Hope this helps you in your day-to-day, using the Cvent Supplier Network!

Regards, 

Alaina Del Real
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent