Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Deactivating Appointment Schedule emails

User Group Member
    Posted 01-27-2023 17:12

Has anyone successfully deactivated Appointment Schedule emails under "Appointment Event Emails"? 

This is my first time using the Appointments app. I'm creating about 90 planner-coordinated appointments on the backend that is linked to one of our events. I do not want ANY emails to automatically go out from the Appointments app as I plan to send one email after all the appointments are entered from the Event side to let registrants know that their appointment schedules have been set. (They must accept the schedule we create.)

When I create event appointments from Calendar, I have to click on "Send Appointment Invitation" button to save it. Then when I go to Email, there is no option to deactivate the Appointment Schedule email. 

Now I'm terrified to turn this Appointment live and enter all the appointments because I don't want to automatically send this email. 

Has anyone successfully deactivated this email? 

#Appointments

------------------------------
    Etsuko Aoyama
    Conference & Event Technology Contractor
    Geodesic Capital

• 2.  RE: Deactivating Appointment Schedule emails

Cvent Staff
    Posted 01-30-2023 07:45
    Hi Etsuko,

Hope you are doing well!

In regards to the Appointment Schedule email under "Appointment Event Emails", this is a manual email. So rest assured, unless we choose to send it manually, this email will not be triggered automatically. 

Currently, the option to deactivate this email is unavailable. But, it sounds like a great feedback. I suggest you to post this on the 'Ideas' tab of Cvent community. 

We encourage you to always submit your ideas or any challenges you face while working with the product. As it also helps our Product Development team to review the possibilities and if it works we may try to incorporate such changes in our future releases. 

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta,
    Associate Quality Lead - Quality Team

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States

• 3.  RE: Deactivating Appointment Schedule emails

User Group Member
    Posted 02-01-2023 13:33
    @Khushbu Gupta
    Thank you for your reply!

I'm actually still worried about when/how this email is triggered to be sent. So I opened a case with the support team to deep dive into it.

I just want to be absolutely sure that no emails will automatically go out to either hosts or attendees of appointments from the appointments app. But since there is one email that cannot be de-activated and since I MUST click on "Send Appointment Invitation" in order to save appointments I create in the calendar, I'm worried....

Etsuko Aoyama
    Conference & Event Technology Contractor
    Geodesic Capital