Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Difficulty with creating registration paths for specific attendee groups

Posted 06-13-2022 15:57
    We have several different groups of members that will be registering for our event, and each will have different registration costs and will need to have access to different registration items.  I have already setup contact types for each group of possible attendees, and tied each registration type to its respective contact type.  I am trying to set up customized registration paths for each specific attendee group, and I am having some trouble.  I got my paths setup based on these Registration groups, and under the Edit Registration Path window, I have it set to have a specific registration type associated with it, and have selected the corresponding registration type for each.  But every time I preview the registration, it takes me down the same path, regardless of the registration type I have selected or what name/email address I am using.  What am I missing? 

Thanks!
    #EventApp
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Liz McCrae
    Association of Zoo Veterinary TechniciansUnited States

• 2.  RE: Difficulty with creating registration paths for specific attendee groups

Posted 06-13-2022 19:27
    One reg path is going to be default.

Is there a reason you have multiple reg paths?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Difficulty with creating registration paths for specific attendee groups

Posted 06-14-2022 09:05

Hello @Liz McCrae,

You say you are "previewing" the registration you go done the same path. Are you actually testing or previewing? That will make a big difference. When testing you can choose your contact type from the settings dropdown. ​

Did you add the names to an invitation list? If you did each invitation list can be associated with a contact type too, which would send each registrant down the correct path.

It does sound like you associated the contact type with each path in the site designer, but worth double-checking the settings are correct.

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 4.  RE: Difficulty with creating registration paths for specific attendee groups

Posted 06-16-2022 10:55
    Hi Liz,

Yes, we would suggest using the Perform Test action to better test this. It will let you select specific areas along with Registration Types and Paths you would like to test.

Megan Clark
    Assistant Team Lead, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent