Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Event Engagement Activations

Cvent Staff
    Posted 03-06-2023 12:09

Happy Monday! It's time for our Huddle of the Week post!

Attendee engagement is important, and new ideas are transpiring all the time. Coming up with new engagement activations is only part of the challenge to make your events successful. Another challenge is getting buy-in from your leadership to invest time, money, and resources into these engagement activations. Drawing the line between budget and ROI from Event Engagement is key for your business case that you bring to leadership.

Questions for you:

• What information have you used to deliver your business case to leadership?
    • What out of the box ideas do you have for event engagement?

Want to learn more about how to build an epic business case, how to draw the line between budget and ROI from Event Engagement, and where to find ideas and stay on the pulse of what's trending? Register for our upcoming webinar – Real Talk: Getting Buy-in, Budget, and Executing Epic Event Engagement Activationstoday!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the comment section below!

#HuddleoftheWeek 

#VoiceIt 

#PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Megan Clark
    Assistant Team Lead, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 2.  RE: Event Engagement Activations

User Group Member
    Posted 03-07-2023 09:28
    • What information have you used to deliver your business case to leadership? Our department is required to put together a business case for every event we manage, big or small. This allow visibility to the larger marketing team, and also allows input on best ways to track ROI and marketing elements. We hold these weekly. We include overall budget, what is being covered by marketing or if a BU is taking care of the budget. We lay out how we're going to track ROI, based on the demographic (colleagues or clients) of the event.
    • What out of the box ideas do you have for event engagement? I don't think we do anything out of the box, but by presenting a business case to leadership and marketing peers allows for many ideas.

Beth Vriesen.
    Events Technology Administrator
    Associated Bank Corporation

• 3.  RE: Event Engagement Activations

Community MVP
    Posted 03-08-2023 11:04
    • What information have you used to deliver your business case to leadership? In the hospitality industry we call this a DBR mtg, (Daily Business Review)  This meeting allows leadership to view and understand leads that are coming into the hotel, We also determine how to price and position the sale/partnership with an account. 
    • What out of the box ideas do you have for event engagement? I'm excited to read the responses to the questions.  I'm looking for creative idea's! 

Colleen Beck
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    The Westin Tampa Bay

• 4.  RE: Event Engagement Activations

User Group Member
    Posted 03-09-2023 09:54
    • What information have you used to deliver your business case to leadership? This one is always hard but our leadership does understand the importance of giving clients/prospects a memorable time/experience. We often have to do cost breakdowns of per person for whatever activity or thing we're proposing
    • What out of the box ideas do you have for event engagement? We try and bring some sort if engaging element. i.e. we don't just do a plain old dinner. We try and do maybe a dinner with a themed tasting (either food or drink wise) and whenever possible get the chef to come and interact with guests so they have something to engage with. Or we'll rally around an activity -- taking groups on outings for say top golf so they're in a more relaxed setting to get to know people.

Rachel
    NJ

• 5.  RE: Event Engagement Activations

Community MVP
    Posted 03-10-2023 14:34
      • Very general ROI - it is more anecdotal, as we aren't yet able to connect the dots between events and revenue. Our sales team is the initiator for most of our events, so we (marketing) technically don't have to provide a business case for the events. We do, however, have to provide a business case on the cost of the software. 
      • nothing "out-of-the-box" 

Lori Wildman
    Marketing Director
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.United States

• 6.  RE: Event Engagement Activations

User Group Member
    Posted 03-14-2023 14:02
      • Post event surveys
      • research from past venues of production and event spend
      • scavanger hunts!

Teresa James
    Director of Sales and Marketing
    DoubleTree Gainesville

• 7.  RE: Event Engagement Activations

User Group Member
    Posted 03-14-2023 16:52

Hi Megan!

• What information have you used to deliver your business case to leadership? In the past I have had to present to leadership why we should invest in a new event supply but outside of that I haven't in a traditional sense.
    • What out of the box ideas do you have for event engagement? I like all the ideas below... I love games, maybe a scavenger hunt in an amazing race type scenario with challenges. 

Katie Dreifus
    Registration Manager
    PwC Management Services LPUnited States