Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Forwarding Event Email Invitations

Posted 08-26-2022 08:51
      |   view attached
    Hi - Has anyone found a way to enable or provide a link for clients to easily and safely forward email invitations to other interested individuals? This option would be directly from within the email invitation and not from within the registration. I'm interested in the approach or solution used by others. Thank you!
    #EventApp-Building/managing
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Darlene Ishler
    Event Reg System & Operations Mgr
    Penn State UniversityUnited States

Attachment(s)

txt
    Standard.txt   434 B 1 version

• 2.  RE: Forwarding Event Email Invitations

Posted 08-26-2022 10:32
    I have not but am interested in this as well. I've just waiting for the feature to be released.

Sara Shidal
    Computer Services, Inc

• 3.  RE: Forwarding Event Email Invitations
    Best Answer

Posted 08-26-2022 11:51
    I recently found the option on the Website Site Designer on the "Personal Information" page under "Registration Path, Pages". On the right hand side, click on "Build" to see all your options. Under "Registration Actions" you can add a button for registrants to "Forward Invitations".  It seems you can only add it here, not on any other webpages or on any emails.

Hope this helps,
    Michelle

Michelle Serna
    Cvent Administrator
    ARCADIS(Previously Malcolm Pirnie)United States

• 4.  RE: Forwarding Event Email Invitations

Posted 08-29-2022 14:29
    Hi Darlene,

Currently we don't have an option where invitees can forward email invitations to others within the email just like it is available during the registration process on the website.

For the emails, we can suggest the client to add the weblink of the Event's Summary page if the Event is Public, so that the invitees can share that weblink to others who are interested.

Megan Clark
    Assistant Team Lead, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Forwarding Event Email Invitations

Posted 09-04-2022 13:19
    I appreciate the recommendations. The logic to require one to share from the website, from in the registration process, or complete steps to be able to share the invitation isn't easy or effective if we think about from the perspective of the customer who received the invite. Our organization sends hundreds of invitations each day while marketing hundreds of events. It is our experience that when an individual opens the invite email, they are most likely to forward it to other people who may be interested. The original invitee may not even visit the event website or intend to register. We've learned it is most advantageous if we can make it easy for our invitees to promote and market the event from within the invitation and from the event website. If we want to capitalize on our customers promoting our events, we need to make it an easy task for our customers.

Another option we see falling short is that the share bar option isn't available in the emails. I'll add another article to see how other users might be effectively managing this. Thx!

Darlene Ishler
    Event Reg System & Operations Mgr
    Penn State UniversityUnited States

• 6.  RE: Forwarding Event Email Invitations

Posted 09-06-2022 10:26
    Hi @Darlene Ishler,
    You can use the forward invitation widget in the designer. its nice because they can add a personal note.
    support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Using-Invitation-Forwarding?searchFor=invitation%20forward&lang=en_US

~
    Jo Anna Chapin
    Meetings & Events Registration Lead
    Accenture