Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Global Exhibitions Day is around the corner! What are your views on exhibitions and tradeshows?

Cvent Staff
    Posted 05-23-2022 11:03

Hello, all! We're back with our next Huddle of the Week discussion. 

Next Wednesday, June 1st is Global Exhibitions Day (#GED2022) celebrates the irreplaceable value of exhibitions and face-to-face business events in creating platforms for economic growth and recovery. With that in mind,

• How has exhibiting at trade shows made a positive impact on your business?
    • How has attending exhibitions/trade shows positively impacted your business?
    • What's the best exhibition/trade show you've attended and why?

Let us know your thoughts and ideas below! Be on the lookout for more from Cvent as we celebrate Global Exhibitions Day on social media! #HuddleoftheWeek #GED2022 #Tradeshows ​​

#ManagingVirtualEvents
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Megha Jetley
    Assistant Manager
    Cvent Marketing Department

• 2.  RE: Global Exhibitions Day is around the corner! What are your views on exhibitions and tradeshows?

Community MVP
    Posted 05-24-2022 12:05
    • How has exhibiting at trade shows made a positive impact on your business?
      • It gives us an opportunity to meet directly with the audience and have meaningful conversations
    • How has attending exhibitions/trade shows positively impacted your business?
      • New business as a result of attendance
      • Net new contacts and companies to add to our database to nurture
    • What's the best exhibition/trade show you've attended and why?
      • CES - Consumer Electronics Show - it is HUGE!!!

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.United States

• 3.  RE: Global Exhibitions Day is around the corner! What are your views on exhibitions and tradeshows?

Community MVP
    Posted 05-25-2022 09:13
    • How has exhibiting at trade shows made a positive impact on your business?  As a supplier face to face connections are extremely important.  It builds relationships and that's essential in selling. 
    • How has attending exhibitions/trade shows positively impacted your business?  Relationships are created or strengthened and conversion rates increase and leads are generated 
    • What's the best exhibition/trade show you've attended and why? All of them!  Relationships!!! 

Colleen Beck
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    The Westin Tampa Bay

• 4.  RE: Global Exhibitions Day is around the corner! What are your views on exhibitions and tradeshows?

User Group Member
    Posted 05-25-2022 09:28
    • How has exhibiting at trade shows made a positive impact on your business? We use trade shows a lot for brand building and as an opportunity more to show our top prospects that we are at where they're at. 
    • How has attending exhibitions/trade shows positively impacted your business? Def. gotten us in the door of many company RFPs and helped to get or keep discussions going.
    • What's the best exhibition/trade show you've attended and why? Personally? I really enjoy ExhibitorLive. It provides a great learning opportunity and the tradeshow floor offers invaluable new trends in events.

Rachel
    NJ

• 5.  RE: Global Exhibitions Day is around the corner! What are your views on exhibitions and tradeshows?

User Group Member
    Posted 05-25-2022 12:59
    Hello!
    • How has exhibited at trade shows made a positive impact on your business? I actually have not participated in trade shows as an exhibitor, but as an attendee, I think it has helped tremendously to network in person and build relationships with suppliers.
    • How has attending exhibitions/trade shows positively impacted your business? Same answer as above!
    • What's the best exhibition/trade show you've attended and why? I really enjoyed IMEX trade show floor experience and Cvent Connect trade show floor for different reasons. IMEX is so large it does seem very overwhelming while Connect is much more intimate. IMEX had a very wide range of suppliers so I felt like I hit multiple types of suppliers, while Connect is more limited and seems to be heavily focused on hotels.

Katie Dreifus
    Registration Manager
    PwC Management Services LPUnited States