Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  group transaction receipt for whole group on one receipt

Posted 02-03-2023 15:12
    I have an event where group registration is the majority of the transactions (think advisor registering students). Is there a way to get a transaction receipt that includes that the payment was made by credit card and includes the last four digits of the credit card number? Is it possible to get a receipt that states this information?

#Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Becky Bachman
    Conference Coordinator
    WEACUnited States

• 2.  RE: group transaction receipt for whole group on one receipt

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-06-2023 12:11
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 07-31-2023 15:54

Hi Becky,

Hope you are well.

I have reviewed your query. 

For this, you can create an invoice in the event and add 'Group order details' or 'Group order summary' data tag along with 'orders Payments' data tag in the badge designer. And then add the link to download this invoice within the invitee's registration confirmation email.

Here are the steps :

Go to the event > Attendees > Badges & registration > a default invoice will be displayed there if the fees is enabled. Click on the name 'Invoice' > Click on Edit > Change the stock to 'A4 Landscape, 297 mm x 210 mm' or 'Letter Landscape, 11" x 8.5"' > Save. Then click on the Designer tab > edit > On the left hand side, click on 'Data Tag' tab > Search for 'group' and you'll see two options. You can hover over each to see what details these will  display and drag and drop the one you would want to display. Once there, you should see a box around the data tag. From the bottom right of the box, expand the box to the right and bottom. Then, again under the 'data tag' tab, search for orders payments and you will see the data tag. Drag and drop this below the group order data tag and again expand the box to the right and bottom and then save it. 

If you do not want to display the group details, you can simply keep the invoice data tag in the invoice designer and below it you can add the orders payments data tag,

Once this is created, please go to Emails > event emails > click on the confirmation email or create a custom email and change the recipient setting for the custom email only to group leaders and within the email designer, add the invoice data tag {[E-INVOICE LINK]} and save it.

You can also refer to the following articles :

Managing Your Invoices == Link: https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Managing-Your-Invoices

Creating an Event Email == Link: https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Creating-an-Event-Email?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=creating%20custom%20email&page=1

Using Group Registration == Link : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Using-Group-Registration

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: group transaction receipt for whole group on one receipt

User Group Member
    Posted 02-07-2023 11:46
    This is great and I am testing to see if I can set up as we often get this request for a qroup receipt.

A couple of questions.

1) What adjustments would I make to create for an administrator to receive this?
    2) You mention making a custom email - "create a custom email and change the recipient setting for the custom email only to group leaders and within the email designer"

There is no "group audience" that I can see.  Do you have a suggestion?  https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/What-audience-type-should-I-choose

Barbara Wills
    Cvent Administrator
    University of Missouri Extension
    javascript:AddSignatureVariable('willsbj@missouri.edu');

• 4.  RE: group transaction receipt for whole group on one receipt

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-07-2023 16:34
    Hi Barbara,

Hope you are well.

The group leader and group members all comes under the audience as 'Accepted registrants'. So when you create a custom email, you need to select the audience type as 'Accepted registrants'.

After the email is created, then you need to go to 'Email' in the left main panel > Click on 'Recipient Settings' > here, if you have multiple paths, you will see it for all paths separately. Click on the path's name > Edit > Under 'Primary Registrant Settings' section, check the box under 'Primary Registrant' or 'Administrator' for each email that should be sent to them respectively.

Then, scroll down to 'Group Settings' and select the check box under 'Group Members', 'Group Leader' and 'Administrator' for each email. And same goes for 'guest settings if you are using Guest registration in your event. Here are the screenshots for the same :

You can also refer to the following article :

Using Group Registration == Link : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Using-Group-Registration

I hope this helps. please let me know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: group transaction receipt for whole group on one receipt

User Group Member
    Posted 02-07-2023 17:15
      |   view attached
    Thanks that helps.  

But now I am having trouble changing the language for the Invoice data tag.  It's not in the data tag management area.

Barbara Wills
    Cvent Administrator
    University of Missouri Extension
    javascript:AddSignatureVariable('willsbj@missouri.edu');

• 6.  RE: group transaction receipt for whole group on one receipt

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-07-2023 17:22
    Edited by Daniel Marotta 07-31-2023 15:36

Hi Barbara,

To edit the language of the data tag, you can add the text right after 'Link' in the data tag after adding a colon. So, for example, you want the data tag to display - Click here to download your invoice. 

So this is how you will  add the text :

{[E-INVOICE LINK:Click here to download your invoice]}

You can try it in your event email and see if this works for you.

I hope this helps.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 7.  RE: group transaction receipt for whole group on one receipt

Posted 02-13-2023 18:04

I also was going to ask a similar question.  I have my group invoice/receipt set up but if there are several people, the data is cut off on the page and does not go to a page two.  Is there a fix for this?  Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Beverly Weslowski
    Event Planner
    North Carolina Public Transportation AssociationUnited States