Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Guest responses populating in separate columns in report.

Posted 01-16-2023 13:00
    Edited by Letitia Cropps 01-16-2023 13:02
    After creating a registration page, we added a widget to "add a guest." If the attendee adds a guest, they are routed to a page to fill out their guest's information; the same questions are asked. Although this works, when running reports the guest responses and attendee responses are in being populated in separate columns. Is there a way to get the information to show in the same column, since it is the same information the primary guest was asked?
    #Registration
    #ReportingandInsights
    #CommunityUserGroups

------------------------------
    Letitia C
    Events Coordinator

• 2.  RE: Guest responses populating in separate columns in report.

Posted 01-16-2023 13:29
    Letitia-

In the new Flex platform, you cannot use the same questions due to an issue within the way that the system displays the questions. This was an issue that I found over two years ago with the Flex platform when we attempted to migrate over from Classic as it was something you could do in Classic. I would encourage you to submit this to your account team as a necessary enhancement as it is by popularity. 

I am not sure if this is possible, but you could try to use Question Tags for both the primary registrant and the guest registrant and pull a cross event report to potentially get these answers in the same column. 

Hope that helps!

Lindsay

Lindsay Buchanan
    Meetings Management Consultant
    Intent Strategy Group (A Division of M&IW)
    M +1 262.488.4537
    lbuchanan@meetings-incentives.com

• 3.  RE: Guest responses populating in separate columns in report.

Posted 02-22-2023 09:59

Thank you for the suggestion Lindsay.  I'm not familiar with using Question Tags and doing cross event reporting but will look into it.   We often struggle to have certain questions appear in the same columns, or on the flip of that, have specific questions fall on the same rows for our invitees/guests.  Either we have to, or our Travel Agency has to, manually manipulate the reports so both the Invitee's and Guest's First/Middle/Last names (along with several other fields) all appear in the same row.  They need them in one row to upload into their air system and make the reservations in the same record.   We have been encouraging our Client to consider adding the API, although I still think they come across all as individuals instead of a combined record.  

Michele Runge
    Program Manager, Housing
    HPN GlobalUnited States

• 4.  RE: Guest responses populating in separate columns in report.

Posted 01-16-2023 21:33
    I must be asking questions differently.
    I have several questions I ask the invitee and guests.
    Meals, do you want to volunteer?, etc.
    Guest questions use existing questions.

Answers are in the same column.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: Guest responses populating in separate columns in report.

Posted 01-17-2023 07:31
    Edited by Bryann Jackson 01-17-2023 07:32
    We do the same but we "share"  questions from one path to another. When you share a question, then the answers should all be in the same column.  However, I have found a few times where the Flex platform would not allow me to share a question. I had to ask the same question twice and have two different columns of questions.

(Ms.) Bryann Jackson
    Advisor - Event Operations
    ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

• 6.  RE: Guest responses populating in separate columns in report.

Posted 01-17-2023 11:38
    We have been struggling with this issue for a few years. As Lindsay said, please submit your complaint/recommendation to your account team so that they know that multiple accounts would like this issue resolved. 

Brittany Ray
    Operations and Programs Administrator at American College Dance Association
    American College Dance AssociationUnited States