Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Invitee opting out of emails

Posted 01-17-2023 19:01
    I am getting ready to send out a reminder email for an upcoming event, but when I go to select all of the attendees that are registered it does not let me include individuals who have "opted-out" of emails. How can I get them the event reminder email which includes information they need to attend the training if they have opted out.
    #eMarketing

------------------------------
    Mandi Nugent
    Curators of the University of MissouriUnited States

• 2.  RE: Invitee opting out of emails

Community MVP
    Posted 01-17-2023 19:47
    I think you need to opt them back in.
    If there are a lot you can run a Contacts Invitees and Registrants report.
    Include first name, last name, email address or source id, and Opted-Out.
    Export. Change Opted-Out column and import.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Invitee opting out of emails

User Group Member
    Posted 01-17-2023 20:15
    Without getting into the factors that may result in the opt-out flag being set, the simple answer is to go into the contact record and remove this.  Then send out the email.

Of course, you'll want to know if the recipient chose to opt out or if the system opted out the contact because of some failure when delivering the email.

Carl 
    Get Outlook for iOS

• 4.  RE: Invitee opting out of emails
    Best Answer

Cvent Staff
    Posted 01-18-2023 14:29
    Hi Mandi,

Hope you are well.

To know why a contact opted out, you can go to Contacts > reporting > run the '"Contact Ad Hoc" report. Click the arrow next to the Run button, then click Edit then Run Report. The Section Criteria tab will open by default. Click the neighboring tab, Fields. Then, in the Audit Information section, click Last Opted-Out By so that it has a check mark to the right of it. Click Run. Scroll right to view the "Last Opted-Out By" column to see the opted out reason.

For any contact, if the reason is 'Contact Self Opt-Out', this means that the invitee themselves opted opt of receiving the emails. In this case, you will first have to reach out to the contact and ask for their verbal or written authorization to opt them in.

Once the authorization is provided, you can then go to Contacts > Address book > search and click on their name > Edit > Opted Out : No > Save > 'send the Opt in email' to confirm their decision.

Once they are opted in, you will then be able to send them the email from the events. Please note that opting someone back in without their permission is a violation of the Can-Spam Act, Canada's Anti-Spam Law (CASL), and our terms of use. So you do need their permission to opt them in first.

If in the report, the opted out reason is Hard Bounce, Multiple Bounce or Import, then you can simply opt them back in as their email was opted out because of some system issue.

You can also refer to the following articles :

Why was my contact opted-out? == Link: https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Why-was-my-contact-opted-out?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=opt%20in&page=1

How do I opt a contact back in? == Link: https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/How-do-I-opt-a-contact-back-in?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=opt%20in&page=1

Confirming Opt-Ins == Link : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Confirming-Opt-Ins

I hope this helps. please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent