Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Substituting Registrants Whose Status is Cancelled

User Group Member
    Posted 01-27-2023 15:23
    Hello!

I have a situation where I have a hybrid event, and one of the virtual attendees needs to be substituted for an in-person attendee.  I tried to substitute the attendee, but received an error message that I could not substitute the attendee because they already had an 'Accepted' status.  I tried cancelling the virtual registration but now I cannot substitute the attendee because their status is cancelled.  How do I go about getting the cancelled registration in a status where it can be used to substitute in place of the in-person registration?

Thanks!
    #Registration

------------------------------
    Jess Olcott
    Training Program Coordinator
    ETC, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Substituting Registrants Whose Status is Cancelled
    Best Answer

Cvent Staff
    Posted 01-30-2023 05:09
    Hi Jess,

Hope you are doing well!

In order to substitute an attendee for another it is imperative that their registration status should be in 'No response' or 'Visited'.

For E.g., Invite 'A' registered as Virtual and invitee 'B' registered as 'In-person'. Now, we want to substitute invitee 'A' with 'B' and currently 'A' is in cancelled status (as mentioned by you) and B is in accepted status. 

If the status for invitee 'A' is anything other than Accepted, the invitee cannot be replaced. And for this to work invitee 'B' should be in 'No-response' or 'Visited' status, which currently is not a possibility. 

Therefore, in the situation mentioned above, you can re-register the invitee 'A' (virtual attendee) and then select the registration type (as in-person) and admission item (as in-person).

To do this go to:

Event> Attendees  >Attendee list > Click on the invitee's name > Update status >  Register > select the in-person Registration type and Admission item >Submit. 

Please review the following article to get more insight on how you can switch registration type for an invitee: 

Switching Registration Types
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Switching-Registration-Types?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=changing%20registration%20type&page=1

You also review the following article to know more about substituting registrations:

Substituting Registrations
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Substituting-Registrations?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=substituting%20registration&page=1

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta
    Associate Quality Lead

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States

• 3.  RE: Substituting Registrants Whose Status is Cancelled

User Group Member
    Posted 01-30-2023 09:52
    Thanks for your help!!  This worked great, and I have gotten my registrations straightened out.

Jess Olcott
    Training Program Coordinator
    ETC, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Substituting Registrants Whose Status is Cancelled

Cvent Staff
    Posted 01-31-2023 01:57
    Hi Jess,

Glad I could help!

If you think the information shared has helped you, I encourage you to mark my response as "Best Answer" to indicate the same. 

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta
    Associate Quality Lead - Quality Team

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States