Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Flex: Tracks and Optional Items?

Community MVP
    Posted 01-18-2019 20:02

Any idea when these will be added to flex?

I need to start on 2 large events soon.
    Need to decide whether I wait for flex or clone my classic events.

• 2.  RE: Flex: Tracks and Optional Items?

Posted 01-25-2019 19:56
    Can someone at CVENT help? He is not the only one who needs this option.

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Flex: Tracks and Optional Items?

Community MVP
    Posted 01-26-2019 00:33
    Disappointed that flex is pretty much were it was when first released.
    All I can think is that most registrations are very simple.
    I would think tracks are widely used.

At least I have by answer. Clone my basic registrations because I can't wait until the next quarter update.

We’re excited to announce new enhancements for Flex!

Privacy Policy (GDPR): Planners now have the option to customize the privacy policy in the Cvent Footer widget. The existing Cvent Privacy Policy can now be renamed or hidden, and a new option to add your own privacy policy now allows planner to add a hyperlink to an external site. The page for Compliance (GDPR) will only show informational text to update these configurations in the Site Designer. 

Registration bulk approval: Approve Registration is now available as an option in the Bulk Actions dropdown on the Invitees & Registrants page. With this, planners can choose a number of Pending Approval invitees and approve all their registrations at once.

• 4.  RE: Flex: Tracks and Optional Items?

Posted 02-12-2019 22:03

Steven - Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, and the solution to clone your previous events. I recommend continuing to work with your account team to discuss the features your upcoming events require and the best timeframe to transition to Flex. We will also continue to update the article below for you to use as a resource: 

Features Not Yet Available in Flex: 
    https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000059711&Lang=en_US&searchTerm=not%20available%20in%20flex

• 5.  RE: Flex: Tracks and Optional Items?

Community MVP
    Posted 11-25-2020 21:14
    Going to need to build 2 registrations the beginning of the year for 2 of our major events.
    Looks like I'm stuck with classic after telling our office how nice the new flex registration will be.

Was tracks always planned for 2021 Q1? I thought it was due sometime in 2020.

Waiting on
    tracks
    payment credits
    optional items

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 6.  RE: Flex: Tracks and Optional Items?

Posted 12-08-2020 07:36

Hi @Steven Schlossman,

The development team is busy working on Tracks (Session Bundles) as we speak and will continue building it during Q1. Our most recent estimates on the remaining work now have us completing Tracks in Q2 due to the extensive reach of the associated touchpoints. Payment Credits are now available in Flex as they were released last week.

As for Optional Items, it depends on which type you are looking for. Quantity Items and Donation Items are available in Flex now. Membership Items and Group Items are currently planned for Q1 and Q2 respectively. For additional transparency, the development work for Membership Items is currently underway whereas the work on Group Items has not yet begun and thus is more susceptible to timeline shifts as we adapt to market changes and customer demand.

As always, we're continuing to keep our Flex Features page up-to-date. Hope this helps!

Erik Shea
    Cvent Staff Community Member

• 7.  RE: Flex: Tracks and Optional Items?

Community MVP
    Posted 12-08-2020 21:37
    Thank you for the update. I can probably create multiple admission items to include specific sessions  to mimic tracks.

I use qty optional items for walkups. At this particular event I just need to collect money. I don't need to collect attendee data.
    I'll add +1 to my registration's optional item and swipe the attendees credit card. It's quick and simple.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America