Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How can I find a registration that seems to have disappeared?

Posted 06-25-2018 10:24
    I have a confirmation number and attendees name and payment submitted but I can not find them as cancelled or even registered at all. I've searched the contacts too and this person is only showing for an event from 4 years ago 

• 2.  RE: How can I find a registration that seems to have disappeared?

Posted 06-26-2018 16:53
    Hi Nicole, 

Thanks for your post! I would be more than happy to help you locate this individual.

?Is it possible for you to provide me with the name of the event and the name of the attendee?

Best,

Kenny Corum

• 3.  RE: How can I find a registration that seems to have disappeared?

Posted 06-26-2018 18:25
    Hey Nicole,

This is possible in case you are using a Third party payment gateway in your event to collect online Payments - For example - Paypal.

In this case, when the invitee clicks the Finish button during the registratiion process, he is taken to the Third party payment website where he gets 20 minutes to complete the payment.

During these 20 minutes, the Cvent system marks this invitees as "Registered"  and assigns a confirmation number to the registration.

If the invitee completes the payment, he stays registered in the event. However, if the payment is declined or is no completed due to any reason, the invitee goes back to "Visited" status and the confirmation number becomes invalid.

Here is the article link for the same - Why is my registrant in "Visited" status when I know they registered?  (https://app.cvent.com/Subscribers/Account/default.aspx?page=BE132BFF-ADD3-41F2-BCC9-4DBCE592E47E&targetPath=apex/CommunityArticle?id=000054853)

If you can share the Event and Invitee name, we can certainly get you more detailed information.

Regards
    Ankita Gupta

• 4.  RE: How can I find a registration that seems to have disappeared?

Posted 02-22-2020 18:25
    So...what do we do when this happens???  My registrant does not appear in the visited status and the confirmation number is invalid.  How do I clear that email address so the invitee can register?????

------------------------------
    Joanne Weick
    women unite ministries network

• 5.  RE: How can I find a registration that seems to have disappeared?

Community MVP
    Posted 02-23-2020 18:42
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 02-23-2020 18:43
    Absolutely sure it's not your search criteria?
    Does the missing person still have a contact record?
    If you go to the contact record --> Contact History --> Activity History
    any clues?

Is the initial post really 1 1/2 years ago?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 6.  RE: How can I find a registration that seems to have disappeared?

Posted 02-24-2020 10:19
    The original post is from 2018.  I am new to CVent and I am having this problem now.  My users often close out of PayPal and don't complete the payment.  When I tried to duplicate this scenario in my dummy event to test my PayPal connection (like CVent tells you to do) I have found that my email address is now in CVent limbo.  I cannot go back on and register because CVent believes I completed my payment through PayPal - which I didn't.  But, because PayPal did not return to CVent after payment, my registration is no where to be found.  As administrator I cannot mark this person as eventually paid or clear out their contact information so they can register again.

Joanne Weick

• 7.  RE: How can I find a registration that seems to have disappeared?

Posted 02-24-2020 10:21
    I am working in a FLEX event by the way, not classic as the original person of this message was.

Joanne Weick