Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Using an existing Event

Posted 10-01-2021 12:59
    I am trying to copy an old event from last year but when I select "Using an existing event" my event does not show up in the drop down list.  Any ideas on why it would not show up?
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Allison Cossetta
    Legal Assistant
    Education Minnesota

• 2.  RE: Using an existing Event

Community MVP
    Posted 10-01-2021 13:40
    Are you trying to copy a classic event, but are able to build Flex events now? That'd be my guess, that you probably need to copy a Flex event, and just pull the classic event up in another window to pull text from to mimic it.

Kelly Ohlert
    Manager of Operations, Groups
    Stryker

• 3.  RE: Using an existing Event

Posted 01-10-2022 16:52
    I can tell you my experience is I am trying to create a new FLEX event using a previous FLEX event. The dropdown list for "use existing event" doesn't show many events at all - it seems random and it certainly not a complete event list. Searching for the event doesn't work either. The only way to create a Flex event by using a previous Flex event is to find the past event (which could either be in current events or archived), go to the past event and use Actions to duplicate event. These are unnecessary steps and is time consuming as I have well over 200 registrations and can't always remember if the one I want to duplicate is active, complete and still in the "current events" list or in the archived view. I'm assuming there is glitch somewhere because there seems to be no rhyme or reason why certain events are listed and others are not.

Debbie Sills
    Promotion Consultant
    North American Mission Board

• 4.  RE: Using an existing Event

Posted 01-11-2022 08:18
    I too have the same issue. I have copying my FLEX events using the Duplicate icon next to the event I want to copy since the old way of copying, "Use an existing event" does not work. In 2019 I only see a few of my events and i see none in 2020 and 2021. I had opened a ticket with CVENT in 2021 about this issue and I was told to use the Duplicate button which is what I am doing now. However it would be nice to have the "Use an existing event" option back and working properly. Hopefully this in on the list of fixes.

Roxanne Lafond
    Event planner
    Electro-Federation Canada

• 5.  RE: Using an existing Event

Posted 12-01-2021 09:23
    We're having the exact same issue and have been for a whiles now. We're trying to copy a flex event so it's not like we're trying to copy a classic event. It's been terribly frustrating for us. Did you ever get a resolution for this?

Stephanie Douglass
    Team Leader, Travel and Event Management
    Edward Jones