Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  OnArrival App - best option?

Posted 11-18-2019 17:55
    Good morning Cvent Community,

I am new to Cvent and wanted to hear about experiences with the OnArrival App, in particular Basic vs Premium vs 360?

We run many events throughout the year, but two major ones, with 500-1500 attendees at each venue.

In the past name tags haven't been provided, due to the time it takes to get people in the door (we only have a 30-45min window), but there has been feedback to have nametags.

What is the cost to obtain the equipment should we look to upgrade to the Premium or 360 service?

I appreciate your input!
    #EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Erin Walsh
    Institute of Managers and Leaders

• 2.  RE: OnArrival App - best option?

Community MVP
    Posted 11-18-2019 19:29
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 11-18-2019 19:33
    Probably need to contact your account rep for pricing.
    We use Premium. Main function is for session check in and verifying agendas. Couldn't live without.

Are you able to preprint namebadges? For us, preprinting would be faster than onsite printing.

Hardware wise, we have 4 iPad minis. As I said, we use OnArrival for session check in. We'll have 2 iPads at each door.
    We try to limit entry to one set of doors. If we can't, we'll use 4 iPads or OnArrival on smartphones. Android version has limited functions but worked fine for check in.

If I was doing event check in for 500 people, I bet I can get 500 through in 1 hour with 4 stations and an extra person handling issues.
    I say that because our last event we probably checked in 400 people in 1 hour with 6 volunteers handing out registration packets. We don't scan at check in though.

If you want to do fancy hard plastic name badges, then you need 360. I believe 360 also comes staffed.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: OnArrival App - best option?

Posted 11-19-2019 09:18
    Hello - we use 360 on arrival for annual of 5500-6000 with name badge printing and photos onsite. Could not live without it! Agree with earlier comment to check with your account rep as cost is not only based on software but the number of check in stations, ie ipads, printers for name badges etc.  Costs add up the more of these you add and yes it does come with onsite staffing.

Sherry Mountford
    Sr Director, Tradeshow and Events
    Asembia

• 4.  RE: OnArrival App - best option?

Community MVP
    Posted 11-19-2019 10:34
    I'm a do-it-yourselfer. I'd love the opportunity to handle a +5000 attendee event. :) Maybe once.
    We managed +1300 attendees all arriving at different times and days. Went very smooth because almost everyone preregistered.
    We typically have walkups and I need to handle them.

offtopic/
    This year our office had a friendly pool when I'd explode. Usually it's the 2nd day because I am be pulled apart from different directions.
    Almost lost it when someone was there to register on Monday. Registration didn't start till Tuesday. There I am explaining that nowhere is it written that registration is Monday. The hotel posted registration Monday. :( Having attendees preregister makes all the difference.
    /offtopic

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: OnArrival App - best option?

Posted 11-20-2019 15:38
    Hi Erin,

We looked into Onarrival, but found it too costly for just a one off event.  They do offer Event in a Box which allows you to do it more self-service.  We ended up going with another option that isn't integrated with Cvent, but allows us to use it for multiple events throughout the year. :)

Elaine Barber
    Events Manager
    Associated Luxury Hotels International

• 6.  RE: OnArrival App - best option?

Posted 11-20-2019 16:32
    Thanks everyone,  I appreciate your feedback!

Erin Walsh
    Institute of Managers and Leaders

• 7.  RE: OnArrival App - best option?

User Group Member
    Posted 11-25-2019 10:27
    Elaine, I would be curious to know which option you chose instead of one integrated with Cvent. We are currently looking at different options to verify which one would be better price wise. 

Let me know if this can be shared!

Thank you,

Cassandre Therrien
    Project Manager, Groups & Incentives - Technology
    Les Voyages Laurier Du Vallon