Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Waitlist

Posted 02-26-2020 07:40
    I'm using Flex and have reached capacity for my general attendee registrations, but not my event overall as I still have a few vendor spots available. Despite having separate pathways set up, the waitlist feature will not work until the event is to capacity. I have already tried to troubleshoot this with CVent support... Does anyone have a work around besides the CVent suggested "planner approved registrations" which is not an option because it uses credits and I feel will be misleading and people may think they are actually registered (our group is not used to a sell out). Thanks in advance for any tips. 

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jenna Webb
    Institute Director
    Michigan Association for Bilingual Education

• 2.  RE: Waitlist

Community MVP
    Posted 02-26-2020 10:43
    What if you change the capacity from your event to admission capacities?
    Create an admission item solely for vendors.
    And if you don't want anyone seeing the vendor registration, create a custom vendor registration link.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Waitlist

Posted 06-06-2020 08:30
    I am having this same issue. Did you ever get a resolution?  Right now my general attendee is at capacity but instead of waitlisting the registration form just says closed for that registration type.  I have  a vendor slot that does not have a capacity limits.  I was under the impression that the waitlist would kick in for the General Attendees but it is not.   Sounds like you had the same trouble.  

Jennifer S
    Director of Marketing & Events
    Saltzman Associates

• 4.  RE: Waitlist

Community MVP
    Posted 06-06-2020 12:46
    I ran into a similar problem.
    One of my admission items has an included session which is full even though the session has a waitlist.
    Now people can't add themselves to the waitlist since the admission item closed.

My solution was to create a new admission item and not include the session.
    I don't have a fee associated with the admission item. It's just a way to collect names.
    Now someone can register and add themselves to the session waitlist.

If I move them off the wait list I'll need to modify their registration and have them pay later.
    It's not what I expected. I though they would be able to waitlist at the admission level.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America