Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Need a workaround for PDF download for sessions

Community MVP
    Posted 10-12-2021 12:53
    Hi Cventers,

I am sure SOMEONE has a solution to this. We have found with the #AttendeeHub, when attendees go back into the VAH after the event to download the PDFs attached to the sessions, they need to have added the session to their personalized schedule to see the PDF.

We want to limit the availability to ​the PDFs to people who have REGISTERED.

So what solutions have you found to limit availability of the PDFs attached to session to people who REGISTERED without asking them to add the session to their personalized schedules?

@Karen Rhodes-Parker and @Robert Philp​​​​
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 2.  RE: Need a workaround for PDF download for sessions

Cvent Staff
    Posted 10-27-2021 10:34

Hi Brenda,

I double-checked with our product team on this and they confirmed that session documents are only available to session registrants. The reason being that the primary use case for session documents are as supplemental or relevant material to the content being discussed in a session and can sometimes be confidential. Therefore, our security team believes that they should only be available to those that are eligible and planning to attend the sessions (and have added the session to their personal schedule.) One potential workaround that I've had another customer do in the past is that once the event completes, they will go into Event Details > Admission Items > Click into the Advanced Settings tab >  Edit and check off all of the sessions underneath the "Session Association" header to make them included on everyone's agenda (it will then automatically register everyone for those sessions) so that when they log into the hub post-event they will all be included on their agenda and they will be able to click into each session and view and download the session documents since they will be considered session registrants.

Julia Plymack
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Need a workaround for PDF download for sessions

Posted 06-02-2022 11:51
    @Julia Plymack Is there a way to allow the user to download the attachment in the app?​

Matt Alsup
    Digital Marketing Manager
    HUBS, IncUnited States

• 4.  RE: Need a workaround for PDF download for sessions

User Group Member
    Posted 06-02-2022 12:04

I upload the session pdfs to the Admin Document Library.  I then copy the link from that storage place and paste it into the session description.  Been doing this for years and all registrants can view all documents posted for any session.

• 5.  RE: Need a workaround for PDF download for sessions

Posted 06-02-2022 12:13
    Thanks, @Carl Sandstrom. I did think about this but it seems like there should be a way to activate downloading on the attachments already added to sessions.​

Matt Alsup
    Digital Marketing Manager
    HUBS, IncUnited States

• 6.  RE: Need a workaround for PDF download for sessions

User Group Member
    Posted 06-02-2022 13:28

@Matt Alsup Yep.  Should is the operable word.  This has been my workaround for 10 years.  Oh, and I have to add them to the Document Library for the event too.  At this moment, I don't remember why I have to do both.  I just know that I must do both to achieve the ends mentioned.

• 7.  RE: Need a workaround for PDF download for sessions

Posted 10-28-2021 10:23
    Edited by David Preiser 10-28-2021 10:27
    What I do is make an event web page that is available only to registrants and put download links there. You can share that link via a confirmation or session email, etc.

David Preiser
    P&V Enterprises
    Event Website and Registration Manager & Consultant