Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Best way to tack postponed events

Posted 02-28-2020 16:00
    Hi there,
    We use Cvent's Master Event Calendar to track all our events now. We put them in without registration, then switch them on when we need to activate registration. 
    Anyway, due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are now starting to postpone ones in China and neighboring countries. 
    My question is, does anyone else use Cvent to track all their events and how do you track postponed events?  Right now we are just moving them further out. 
    Any tips would be welcomed. I was thinking about adding an update to the description too.
    #Miscellaneous
    #ExecutingStrategicMeetingsManagement

------------------------------
    Anna Friday

• 2.  RE: Best way to tack postponed events

Posted 03-05-2020 14:07
    Hi Anna,

I will let any other users add on here if they have specific experience, but I wanted to confirm that pushing out the event dates is a great step to take from the Cvent side. This will not only reflect on the calendar, but also in the event registration itself. Adding information in the description is also a good plan.

A few other ideas would be to add instructional text within the calendar designer stating to take a look at the schedule, as events/dates could have changed. You can also consider creating a new custom Event Field if you feel necessary, and then using the Tag feature to have these events appear with a specific color on the calendar.

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent