Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Testing E-mail Hyperlinks

Posted 02-21-2020 16:20
    Is there a best practice for testing the e-mail hyperlinks? 

I've been able to test the e-mail, but I know the Testing Emails in Event article states not all hyperlinks are active. Is there a workaround for this to test those hyperlinks?

I'm paranoid we will send this out, and then the hyperlink will direct them to the wrong page.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Amanda Chapman
    Event Coordinator
    Employers Mutual Casualty Company

• 2.  RE: Testing E-mail Hyperlinks

Community MVP
    Posted 02-21-2020 21:36
    Hi Amanda, I am a BIG FAN of "soft launches."

If you are pretty sure you have checked everything, and reference the article "what can't be changed after I launch registration," then go ahead and launch it.

I use a yahoo and gmail account to add myself to a particular Invitation List. I send MYSELF the Invitation to Register email manually, and I test it "live." I do that for each Invitation List, and for weblinks, too!

So launching the reg website without inviting everyone to register is called a "soft launch." You can also pick just a few attendees - maybe some that have attended before and you know they are chomping at the bit to register. So let them know you'll give them "early/advance access" to registration, and in return you'd be grateful for feedback on your registration.

Be sure to select a few people for each Invitation List/Admission Item/Reg Path. Give them a few days of registering and get their feedback. Tweak your site, and then you can launch registration to everyone who is "undecided" via the Invitation email.

True story: a colleague of mine was working on an event, did some testing and thought all was good. The colleague sent out the Invitation to Register email and NONE of the links worked. Yikes!

So ALWAYS soft launch, have a few trusted people you know will attend and ask them to register FIRST, get the feedback, tweak, then announce to all!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States