Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Best At Home Video Recording Software for Virtual Events

Posted 01-18-2021 09:46

Looking for some recommendations on video recording software that you might have advised speakers to use from their home offices, or perhaps you've been told about by your speakers. We are prerecording sessions for our annual conference for display in Cvent VAH and want to explore alternatives to Zoom, GTM for due diligence. Any advice you'd share on what you told speakers for production?

If you have used Zoom/GTM how have your attendees rated the quality? Is this still an acceptable way to provide content?

We are a small association, so not a huge budget to do advanced production on all our sessions, but do want to just make sure we are on the right path, and exploring options.

I look forward to hearing from the Cvent Community.

Many thanks
    Georgina

#ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Georgina Clelland
    COO
    Association for Intelligent Information Management

• 2.  RE: Best At Home Video Recording Software for Virtual Events

User Group Member
    Posted 01-21-2021 11:44
    We've been exploring Vidyard. Prezi has some interesting options to create interesting videos. You can add graphics and images onto the screen to maybe get some of that higher quality interactive videos on a low budget > https://prezi.com/

Rachel Sigley
    Sr. Brand Marketing Manager
    Tata America International Corporation

• 3.  RE: Best At Home Video Recording Software for Virtual Events

User Group Member
    Posted 01-26-2021 16:16
    I work at a large university and most of our "virtual" events are on Zoom or MSteams. I prefer Zoom.  I've found it works and the recording is pretty good (especially for the budget).  I advise maybe doing a recording 2/3 times with different lighting and backdrops (if possible).  I'd also look into having the videos edited (if possible).  I do know a lot of Performing Arts Organizations are using Zoom for their artists to record on and many have had a lot of success.  Maybe you can work with a local venue that has production gear so that you can record in a controlled environment. We often use our Center for the Arts and I've been amazed at what we get (and it's zoom)!

Lesley Irminger
    University Events and Office of Communication Events Coordinator
    George Mason - Office Of University Events

• 4.  RE: Best At Home Video Recording Software for Virtual Events

Community MVP
    Posted 01-27-2021 09:52
    Pre-recorded sessions - so is there ZERO live component? If this is the case, why not just use any screen recording program? Teams, Skype, Camtasia if you have it. Just make sure you have the video specifications in advance so that they work correctly in the Virtual Attendee Hub.

Speakers should be advised to:
    1. if they mess up mid-presentation STOP, take a breath, and restart. This allows an easy edit to just pull that piece out.
    2. instruct speakers that they should not talk about any technical difficulties ("My screen froze, sorry, not sure what's happening, can you see my screen, I am so sorry, this isn't working, can someone help me..."). Just stop. Breathe. Fix the issue. Go on. Have your video editor snip out that bit.

Zoom and Teams worked fine so far. Had a problem with WebEx - it did NOT record the slides, only the video camera input of the speakers. I had a big half-day editing job to do. So avoid WebEx.

I recommend a test run - a 10-minute presentation with cameras and sound in each platform (Zoom, GTM, Teams, whatever). Or you can just use Skype screen recording or other recording software (Techsmith's Camtasia or Camtasia Recorder for PPT).

I hope this helps!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States