Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  An Event Without Emails?!?!

Posted 08-21-2019 16:41
    Hello Cvent Community!

I've been using Cvent for over 2 years, but this is my first post in the Cvent Community. I have been presented with a unique scenario. 

My company is presenting an event with 3 other companies. Each company will send out their own invitations and will customize their emails for their own clients. What they would like to be able to do, and I'm not sure if it's possible, is to provide a universal registration link for everyone to be able to distribute to their invitees so they can register for the event. 

However, we want to be able to limit (somewhat) who is able to register by requiring a code (or password) to be entered. Each company would be assigned a code that the invitee would need to enter as verification that they received the invite from them. 

Does anyone know if this is even possible with Cvent? I wanted to start with the community before going to Cvent support. 

Looking forward to hearing from all of you brilliant people!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Sean McCain
    Marketing Coordinator
    Standard Chartered Bank - Americas

• 2.  RE: An Event Without Emails?!?!
    Best Answer

Posted 08-22-2019 07:34
    Hi Sean,

I have done something similar before using voucher codes.  We had one link for registration and then provided each company with a unique voucher code with a capacity set for each.  Here is a Cvent link that details how to set-up voucher codes: https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000002331&Lang=en_US&searchTerm=voucher%20code

Hope this helps!

Cindy Foltyniak
    Meetings Technology Analyst
    American Express GBT (for the benefit of Merck)

• 3.  RE: An Event Without Emails?!?!

Posted 08-22-2019 19:28
    Hi Cindy!

Thanks for chiming in! I ended up calling Cvent tech support. For some reason, I was unable to view the Voucher Codes feature and had to get them to turn it on in the back end. This is the exact solution we are using!

Sean McCain
    Marketing Coordinator
    Standard Chartered Bank - Americas