Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Integrate Slack with CVENT

Posted 01-30-2020 14:07
    Hello CVENT Community!

I want my conference attendees to have the option to do individual and group messaging between other attendees before, during, and after the event. Something like Slack channels would be perfect. Has anyone integrated slack with CVENT before? If so, I'd love to hear about how that went, best practices, tips, challenges, etc. I'm open to other solutions besides Slack too. Thanks!

Tiffany
    #EventApp-Building/managing
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Tiffany Chan
    States Programs Coordinator
    League of Conservation Voters

• 2.  RE: Integrate Slack with CVENT

Posted 01-30-2020 16:02
    Hello Tiffany,

Depending on the number of attendees and number of sessions you might want to look at CrowdCompass.  There is so much more than just convo with CrowdCompass. There is a fee associated with CrowdCompass and you will need to contact your rep, but we have use it for a few events and has worked great. 

If you have a small group attending the conference you can export a CSV file attendee list from Cvent, import into Slack, and create a group.

With either option, you can email your attendees from Cvent with instructions to download and login to either app. 

James

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure, Implementation, Strategy, and Support
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 3.  RE: Integrate Slack with CVENT

Posted 02-10-2020 18:39
    Thanks James, we have used CrowdCompass, unfortunately it doesn't have the conversation and attendee networking features that we'd like to have before and during the conference. Thanks!

Tiffany Chan
    States Programs Coordinator
    League of Conservation Voters