Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sending admin/user a copy of event emails

Posted 12-01-2020 08:52
    Edited by Jennifer Saltzman 12-01-2020 09:17
    It seems the only way I as the admin/user can receive an Event email is register for the event. I would like to know if there is another way for me to receive a copy of the scheduled custom emails sent to registrants at the same time as the registrants.  For example, the event email reminders sent to registrants or the post meeting follow up survey email.  Any email sent to Accepted Attendees.  I never know if it has actually been sent other than getting bounce notifications in my email.    I have searched the forum and can't seem to find a clear answer or solution to this.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jennifer Saltzman
    Saltzman Associates

• 2.  RE: Sending admin/user a copy of event emails

Posted 12-01-2020 09:09
    Hi Jennifer,

Maybe this is too simple but you could have a registration type (of one person) without a registration fee. You'll be registered and receive the emails. Good luck!

Kit Stanford
    Sr. Meeting Planner
    World Travel

• 3.  RE: Sending admin/user a copy of event emails

Posted 12-01-2020 09:16
    Thank you Kit and you actually pointed out an error I made in my question.  Its actually our registration fee, we are on the pay-go plan in which we have to pay by the number of registration so I actually have to register and then get charged for it to get emails.  These events are free to our attendees.  So unfortunately that wouldn't work however I will edit my original question.  Thanks!!

Jennifer Saltzman
    Saltzman Associates

• 4.  RE: Sending admin/user a copy of event emails

Community MVP
    Posted 12-02-2020 08:50
    Hi Jennifer,

If the end goal is to know if specific emails were sent, you can run the Email Details report which shows who the email was sent to and and if the email was opened.  The other good thing about this report is you can also see if an email was undeliverable (versus tracking a bunch of bounce emails).  It is a good way to track if someone submitted their email incorrectly and update it.

On another note, there is a cc option in the email settings.

Hope this helps!

Loretta Peterson
    Events Associate
    CDW