Megha Jetley
    Assistant Manager
    Cvent Marketing Department
    ------------------------------
    ​​

• 2.  RE: The Power of Community

Posted 02-24-2022 13:56
    Hello Megha, 
    • If you're a hotelier, do share what you think would help planners in 2022?    
    • 1.)  I know that our hotel help planners by providing detailed information at the RFP stage.
    • 2.)Marriott has/had very good brand COVID policy informational sheet to provide to planners so they understood how the hotel was handling safety measure during the pandemic.  
    • 3.) We used CVent Diagramming to provide visuals of meeting sets that incorporated social distancing.
    • 4.) We learned all about Hybrid Meetings and how to assist a planner hosting a Hybrid Meeting. 
    • 5.) The Westin Tampa Bay's entire sales and catering team become certified earning certifications in Cvent Hybrid Meeting, Cvent Suppliers and Cvent Diagramming 

Colleen Beck
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    The Westin Tampa Bay

• 3.  RE: The Power of Community

Posted 02-24-2022 17:55

what do you think hoteliers should be most cognizant of in 2022? I think hoteliers should know how excited we are to come back to the event world! Come
    prepared with competitive rates, new event ideas and creative food and beverage. I will tell my hotelier up front where my event stands from a health and safety standpoint so they can be prepared to offer ideas that make sense and are enticing to my attendees! 

Rebecca Quinn
    Corporate Events Manager
    Transplace Texas, LP

• 4.  RE: The Power of Community

Posted 02-25-2022 16:41
    If you're a planner, what do you think hoteliers should be most cognizant of in 2022?

The uncertainty of live events has many planners a little gun shy. Consider allowing for "out" clauses should the climate of masking/vaccine change in a way that the event holder is not comfortable with, and be willing to be flexible. We all want to get back to live events, so the more confident we can be in "taking a change" at getting back to live events, the better! 

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 5.  RE: The Power of Community

Posted 02-26-2022 04:11
    Hotelier's need to be able to offer state of the art video capabilities and maybe even A/V tech staff to assist with hybrid events.

Sarah Jacobson
    Idaho Perinatal Project Program Coordinator
    St. Luke's Health System