Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Creating "attendee rotations" for an event

Posted 09-22-2021 12:47
    I am looking to create attendee rotations for an event that the organizers will assign, this is not a choice or session that the attendee will choose from.

I will need to assign 6-7 attendees for 8 separate rotations for a hands-on training course.  While the attendees are in their "rotations' they will move from training session 1-8.  I will also need the attendee rotations to show in the individual's attendee hub for each of the attendees agenda.  Any help or guidance would be appreciated!
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Diane Knoch
    Medtronic, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Creating "attendee rotations" for an event

Posted 09-23-2021 11:19
    Diane, no quick solution but here is an idea that may help you through the process. All instructions are based on the New Experience interface. This also assumes that the 6-7 people will always be in the same training session throughout the 8 rotations.

1. In Sessions create the 64 sessions (8 session topics X 8 time slots)
    2. Offline from Cvent create the list of sessions that will go in each of the 8 rotation groups.  You'll refer to this list later.
    3. Under Attendees > Internal Information create a field called Rotation Group.  Single Line Text should be good.
    4. From the Attendee List, select everyone who will be assigned to a rotation group and Export these people to an Excel file, being sure to include First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Rotation Group (this field will be blank to start with).
    5. In the Excel file distribute the attendees into the 8 groups by assigning a number in the Rotation Group column. Save the file.
    6. Import the Excel file under Attendees > Internal Information > Import Answers, mapping the Rotation Group column to the Rotation Group field. (First, Last and Email will also need to be mapped into the import)
    7. Go to Attendees > Attendee List and click on Advanced Search
    8. Select the Rotation Group field, set the operator to "equals" and the value to the first group name ("1" ??)
    9. Click Search, this will give you everyone assigned to Rotation Group 1
    10. Check the box at the top of the list to select everyone in the resulting list
    11. Under Bulk Actions, click on Update Session Registrants
    12. Referencing the list for Rotation Group 1 created in step #2 click select for first session in the list, scroll down and select NO for sending session registration emails (unless you want these emails to go out  - note: the Registration Modification email would be one of these emails so I recommend setting this to no) and then click Confirm
    13. Repeat step 12 for each of the additional sessions in the Rotation Group 1 list. Note that the attendees stay selected after each assignment
    14. When done with Group 1, edit the Advanced Search in step #8 to "2" and then repeat steps 9-12 using the Rotation Group 2 session list.  Repeat these steps for all 8 groups and they will all be assigned and then the assignment should be able to be transported into Attendee Hub (I don't work in Attendee Hub so I can't verify this part)
    I know this sounds like a lot of steps but it will get the job done.  If you find that I have neglected a needed step, let me know and I will update this post.

On another side note, Cvent has recently implemented the Session Bundle feature in Flex (similar to Tracks in Classic).  The short-coming for your needs is you cannot do bulk Session Bundle assignments although I did add this to the Idea forum.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    John Maddox, CMP
    Meetings IT, Inc.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

• 3.  RE: Creating "attendee rotations" for an event

Posted 09-23-2021 16:32
    Thanks John!  I will start with the instructions that you have provided.  If I have any issues I will let  you know along with how it works out.  Thanks for your help and support!

Diane Knoch
    Medtronic, Inc.