Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cancel Registration

Posted 08-13-2019 17:24
    Is there a link/data tag I can use in confirmation emails that allow people to cancel themselves through the event website or registration page? Currently, they have to send an email directly to me.
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Macy Livingston
    Corporate Events Manager

• 2.  RE: Cancel Registration

Community MVP
    Posted 08-14-2019 08:25
    I usually put custom instructions in three places:
    1. On the registration confirmation email. I give them a link back to the registration website and instruct them to log in with their registration confirmation code (link and reg code are data tags you can add to the email) and to click the Cancel button.
    2. On the registration website I set up a custom "Cancel Registration" page which gives them the instructions to click "Already Registered?," and they can get their confirmation number by clicking a button, and then they can log in and cancel their registration.
    3. An Outlook email "Quick Part" where I have a link to the reg website and the instructions for clicking "Already Registered?" and canceling their registration
    4. This one's a bonus: I put up an Out of Office reply when I'm elbow deep in event work with all the instructions/redirections needed in my email signature

You will undoubtedly get people emailing you to ask you to cancel their registration for them. Politely reply with the Outlook Quick Part. Or leave your OOO message on and they'll get the message. 

Hope this helps.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: Cancel Registration

User Group Member
    Posted 08-15-2019 08:35
    Hi Macy, 

I use a few datatags in my confirmation email that would be similar to what you are trying to accomplish.  In the body of the email, I include the following:

View or Modify Registration (hyperlinked to {[E-MY REG URL]} datatag)
    View or Print Invoice (hyperlinked to {[E-INVOICE URL]} datatag)

You could take the same concept and include "Cancel My Registration" hyperlinked to the {[E-UNREGISTER URL]} datatag.  You will want to make sure your registration settings allow for self-cancellation as well.   (I actually just tried this to make sure it would work and am now going to include this in my email footers - thanks for the idea!)

Heather Darrow
    Conference Coordinator
    Cornell University - Department Of Animal Science