Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Including Session Calendar Links in Confirmation Emails

Posted 03-22-2021 13:26

Hello - 

Does anyone have a way to add session-specific calendar links to an email confirmation? My client is asking that each confirmation email be personalized with calendar links for the sessions that a registrant has selected - and only those sessions. I am familiar with sending Session Emails but that is a time consuming process, and it bombards registrants with many emails. Thanks in advance. kjp

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Sr. Technology Project Manager
    Meetings & Incentives Worldwide, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Including Session Calendar Links in Confirmation Emails

Posted 03-22-2021 13:48
    Add Zoom/Password to the session description? that way it will show up in the calendar ICS.

Shelley Gabel
    Operations Coordinator – Meetings & Travel
    ZS Associates, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Including Session Calendar Links in Confirmation Emails

Posted 03-22-2021 14:58

Hi Kelly,

We were looking into this as well. The best we have come up with is to add a custom session field (in admin for - calendar link) and use a calendar link generator such as - https://decomaan.github.io/google-calendar-link-generator/ - you can then plug the long link into a URL shortener, potentially with a custom domain if you prefer.

Then when you use the "my agenda" widget in the email builder you can include custom fields.

I wish they had an option to add to calendar in the my agenda widget either via text or small button with visibility options per session. Also, if they were to give an option for more than just ics files - as they don't work so great with google calendar in browser.

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc