Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Table of Contents on Long Pages

Posted 10-09-2020 11:08
    Has anyone figured out a way to create a table of contents on Flex sites for pages with really long content? I used to be able to create a list of page anchor links at the top of the page in Classic, but the new code widget in Flex doesn't allow us to code anything outside the widget.

At the top of the page, it's easy enough to list out a group of links, and link them to something:
    Section 1  |  Section 2  |  Section 3

The URL for each of those if I were doing it in HTML would be:
    <a href="#Section1">Section 1</a>  |  <a href="#Section2">Section 2</a>  |  <a href="#Section3">Section 3</a>

But the anchors on the page can't be created the way I know how which is adding:
    <a name="Section1"></a>

The interface for adding links doesn't allow us access to anything besides the actual URL, but there's so much more to a link including name and title.

I tried adding a text widget with the table of contents at the top of the page and links to "#Section1", "#Section2", "#Section3". Then I added a code widget to each of the relevant sections with <a name="Section1"></a>. However, when I clicked on the links in the table of contents, I just got an error.

Any ideas?????

#Event(Flex)
    ​​
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Lauren Becker
    Travel, Meetings & Incentives Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 2.  RE: Table of Contents on Long Pages

Community MVP
    Posted 10-09-2020 19:06
    Can you create multiple pages?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Table of Contents on Long Pages

Posted 05-24-2021 11:45
    Edited by Erin Widdicombe 05-24-2021 11:45
    Were you ever able to figure out how to do this, Lauren? I am attempting to do the same thing and currently am unable to find a solution.

Erin Widdicombe
    Registration Coordinator
    Indiana Youth Institute

• 4.  RE: Table of Contents on Long Pages

Posted 05-24-2021 12:01
    Unfortunately, no – and I was just thinking about this again this morning! I think I'm going to have to create multiple pages for long content, then group the similar pages into a folder. That will at least keep the navigation from getting too out of control.

I was also thinking of creating a weblink for each page, then adding them all at the top of the content.

Lauren Becker
    Travel, Meetings & Incentives Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac