Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual / Hybrid Sponsorship Ideas

Posted 02-02-2021 13:38
    Would anyone that is using attendee hub for a virtual / hybrid event be willing to share their sponsorship packets or some of the information? I don't want to steal all you creative ideas, I promise, I just feel like I am hitting a brick wall in explaining the benefits of virtual in the sponsorship packet. I am 100% willing to share what I have with you! 
    Thanks!
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    April Sailsbury
    Events Manager
    Gas Processors Association

• 2.  RE: Virtual / Hybrid Sponsorship Ideas

Posted 02-19-2021 14:22
    Hey @Brenda Ainsburg, do you have any insight you could share with April? :) We know you already had a great event using the Attendee Hub so I wanted to loop back here! 

Best,

Danni​

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Virtual / Hybrid Sponsorship Ideas

Posted 02-19-2021 15:14
    Hi, ladies,

I'm in the same boat right now--revising my sponsorship guide to match what the virtual attendee hub can do.  Any examples you'd be willing to share would be GREATLY appreciated!!  

dgonzales@learningforwardtexas.org

Denise Gonzales
    LFTX Staff Cvent User
    Learning Forward Texas

• 4.  RE: Virtual / Hybrid Sponsorship Ideas

Community MVP
    Posted 02-24-2021 20:28
    @April Salisbury and @Denise Gonzales, I have a few ideas.

For sponsorships I recommend:
    1. Exhibitor booths​
    2. Sponsored sessions
    3. Banner ad marketing
    4. splash screen marketing
    5. Branding on the registration website
    6. Branding in the registration confirmation, modification confirmation, and other automated emails

What do your sponsors think is the best value? Brand recognition? Access to "the list" of attendees? 1:1 meetings with attendees in the virtual exhibitor booth?

I am going to assume you have the #'s of attendees and demographics about them from previous years. Make a simple chart to show # of attendees year over year and share some demographics that are relevant to a sponsor.

Make a 1-page flyer about the Exhibitor booths - set one up on a test environment with a virtual background using a sponsor logo and explain that people can "walk into" an exhibitor booth. You can gamify this using the Event App, assigning higher points to challenges that include visiting a number of sponsors?

Also, why not offer add-ons, like a Sponsor can include branded swag in anything that is physically shipped - fidget spinners, pens, screen cleaning cloths, small phone accessories, snacks, etc. You can put branding on a box with a sponsor's logo.

How much do you want to make on sponsorships? Example, you have 2000 attendees and you need to make $50K in sponsorships. How many Platinum Level sponsors do you need, maybe just one at $15K, and they get some main stage time, the app splash screen, branding on your reg website summary page, a virtual exhibitor booth, and 2 app push notifications per day of your event, as well as a 15-second duration of their banner on the event app.

Maybe 5 Gold Sponsors at $5K get 1 sponsored session, a virtual attendee booth, 10-second banner, and 1 push notification per day of the event.

Now you are up to 40K and need just 10K more.

From there how about ​4 silver sponsors at $2500.

Now you are at $50K.

You could always do a Bronze level of just "advertising sponsorship" for very little money, $1K for an exhibitor profile and a logo on the registration website on a special Sponsors page where the Gol​d, Silver, and Bronze sponsors are. 

I hope these ideas help!

For in-person events, I had each exhibitor come up with a question to ask, something special and specific and the attendees would have to go to the booth to get the answer and take a selfie with the exhibitor, holding up a piece of paper with the answer written on it. That resulted in a lot of face-to-face traffic. You could do this in a virtual environment by gamifying vising Exhibitor booths this way, and the attendee could just take a selfie with the exhibitors (and answer to the riddle/challenge) on the monitor behind him/her/

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 5.  RE: Virtual / Hybrid Sponsorship Ideas

Posted 02-25-2021 10:25
    Thank you

A lot of my question centers around attendee hub specifically. There are some limitations like with splash screens and banner ad marketing.

April Sailsbury
    Events Manager
    Gas Processors Association