Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Collecting "Attendee" Data - Post Event

Posted 10-23-2020 10:24
    Hello community! 

I am currently running a three day virtual FAM - composed of:
    • FLEX website 
      • Pre event - contains overall info + partners page, Raffle prize info, registration etc.
      • On each day of the event I will make live a page with a welcome video and on-demand content for that days speakers 
      • Post event - we will update to contain the on-demand recordings of the sessions 
    Here is what my client is asking: 

Is there a way to continue to collect registration information POST event to grant access to this content? 

i.e. He wants to place a link on our travel agent website post events for those who didn't attend to be able to "register" and watch on-demand. Basically a way to continue growing the data base.

I've never done this and I'm not certain it's possible - does anyone have any insight/experience doing something similar?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Natalia Ramirez
    Trade Show & Events Planner
    Visit Orlando

• 2.  RE: Collecting "Attendee" Data - Post Event

User Group Member
    Posted 10-27-2020 11:35
    I haven't tried it myself but could you set up a registration path for POST-event registrants and then create a page only accessible to registered users? Or make it that after they register on the registration confirmation page is a link to a hidden page that contains the video for viewing?

Rachel Sigley
    Sr. Brand Marketing Manager
    Tata America International Corporation

• 3.  RE: Collecting "Attendee" Data - Post Event

Posted 11-04-2020 08:51

In theory this would work but I'm running into the challenge that because the event has technically passed,  registration is no longer available. 

I need to look into it further, but I wonder if I make the "End date" for the event a month or so past the event (or until when I want the website available post event) create a post-event path that I activate once the event concludes if I'd be able to manage this. 

Natalia Ramirez
    Trade Show & Events Planner
    Visit Orlando

• 4.  RE: Collecting "Attendee" Data - Post Event

Community MVP
    Posted 11-02-2020 10:55
    I like Rachel's suggestion of having your registration confirmation page have a link to the video(s) for viewing.... or perhaps it is actually a link to a hidden event page that holds recap information and all the links?

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.