Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Tips on improving Google ranking in Flex (SEO)

Posted 11-20-2019 09:50
    Hi everyone,

For our event, I'm trying to get our event ranked on the first page of the search results.
    Currently our company website is ranked for the event keywords, but preferrably our event would be the first result, of course.

What I've done so far:
    - Added the metadescription & adjusted the setting in the Flex event
    - Requested indexation for each URL in Google Search Console
    - Created links from our company website & other sources to different pages on our event website

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get a better Google ranking for flex events?

Thanks!
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Emile Vandemeulebroeke

• 2.  RE: Tips on improving Google ranking in Flex (SEO)

Posted 12-05-2019 10:15

Hi Emile,
    While meta description and meta keywords are certainly useful, Google is much more about ORGANIC SEARCH these days. This means that it is all about those long tail and short tail keywords that are in the content on your page... not in the code on the back end. So be sure that those keywords are in the actual content on your landing page - which may mean that you go into more detail or get more "wordy" than you currently have now. 

Also keep in mind that each page of your website (you mentioned different pages) should be ranking for different keywords if you've done your SEO properly. Each page should be ranking for different keywords (in theory). Use internal linking to effectively link to the one main page that you really want to prove out for Google Authority (think of a parent page and a bunch of baby pages), which will also help with your ranking.

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme McMilllen & Associates