Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Event Catalogue - Looking for tool to create a website or catalogue of events

Posted 08-31-2020 14:06
    Is anyone using a tool to consolidate a large number of events into a searchable/filterable catalog of events?  

With virtual events, our event catalog has grown exponentially and we are looking for solutions to create a better user experience for our audience looking for events.  We are looking for solutions that will allow us port Cvent event data into catalog or brochure tool so event information in real-time.  We had used a Wordpress solution, but events are turning so quickly this is no longer sustainable as it is a manual process.  

Here is an example of what we are looking for: https://rusticpathways.com/educators/programs
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Nigel Reeves
    Director - Corporate Services
    YPO

• 2.  RE: Event Catalogue - Looking for tool to create a website or catalogue of events

Posted 08-31-2020 14:11
    Hi Nigel!

We're in the process of revamping our website and are using wordpress. Cvent has a calendar integration that can be embedded into your website so when you add or change events it updates on your website in realtime.

We have not launched our website yet, so this integration has not been done. But, if it sounds like something that would work for you it's probably worth reaching out to your cvent customer success team to figure out the process.

I hope that helps!

- Justin

--
    Justin Martinez, SEP, CWEP
    Event & Program Coordinator
    Online Community Engagement Manager

(415) 361-7713

Are you a TAO Member? Ask me about our Tech Oregon Community on Mobilize!

• 3.  RE: Event Catalogue - Looking for tool to create a website or catalogue of events

Posted 01-20-2021 16:04
    Hi Justin! Hope you are well...I was just doing a quick search on Cvent Community on calendar-related stuff (again)! Think we spoke before, We ended up adding our Cvent calendar to our old website and now we just got a new one...so need to redo...trying to have a look and see if there are any updates.  Anyway looks like you have added in your Cvent calendar to your website https://www.techoregon.org/events/ 

Can I ask did you just embed the widget and do some custom coding? Either way it looks good and is easy to navigate...also like how you have the pictures and clear tags! Would be interested on the steps you took so I can ask the people that manage our website what they can do.  Right now we have this but it's all done manually again sigh https://ussec.org/events/ 

Thanks

Anna Friday
    Global Events Manager
    U.s. Soybean Export Council

• 4.  RE: Event Catalogue - Looking for tool to create a website or catalogue of events

Posted 01-20-2021 19:42
    Hello Nigel,

I just had a double learning experience!  What a fabulous organization you introduced me to, YPO.  I have already shared your link with colleagues and friends.

Robin Lewison
    Account Development Consultant
    Regis University