Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Post Event Reports

Community MVP
    Posted 02-13-2020 08:51
      |   view attached
    Hoping to leverage Cvent so our onsite coordinators don't have to fill out a "Post Event Report" in excel after each event.  Has anyone done anything like this?  The report (template attached) currently has event data (# registered, # attended) which is easy to pull onto a report.  ​But it also captures notes about the event venue (F&B & AV, attendee comments) and other qualitative information that helps us when we are booking in the same area.  I'd love to have it all in cvent so we can just pull a report when needed vs saving reports in multiples folders across our shared drive. Thoughts or examples?
    Thank you!
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Maribeth Bluyus
    Edelman Financial Engines

• 2.  RE: Post Event Reports

Posted 02-18-2020 22:12
    Hi Maribeth - we do this to an extent, and I've just created some custom event fields to help us capture the various aspects that we might normally put into our Excel docs to 'close the meeting'. We can fill out this information as we go through the planning process and then officially change the status of the meeting when we truly are ready to close it out.

This is helping us so that we're exporting data out of Cvent into Excel and not the other way around!

Stacy Wright
    Event Manager, Commercial Excellence
    Galderma Laboratories, L.P..

• 3.  RE: Post Event Reports

Community MVP
    Posted 02-19-2020 07:56
    Stacy,
    Thank you.  I was thinking along those lines.  Would you be able to share what the report looks like?
    Thank you!

Maribeth Bluyus
    Edelman Financial Engines

• 4.  RE: Post Event Reports

Community MVP
    Posted 02-19-2020 11:06
    I'm with Stacy! Everything needs to be in cvent using custom fields.

For my last event we mailed numbered tickets.
    I created a custom internal field for ticket number.
    I was able to import the ticket number into cvent. This gave me an audit trail.

I also use session notes.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: Post Event Reports

Posted 02-20-2020 10:52
      |   view attached
    ​Hey Maribeth - I'm happy to share. Here's a version I just created with some fields that are relevant for our business needs. It won't make a lot of sense to you but may give you a snapshot of how you can customize. As long as you can remember what fields you use for what content, creating your report and filtering is fairly easy!

Stacy Wright
    Event Manager, Commercial Excellence
    Galderma Laboratories, L.P..

• 6.  RE: Post Event Reports

Posted 02-19-2020 19:35
    Hi Maribeth - 

I would agree with Stacy and Steven.  If you add your custom event fields and standardize your survey questions so that they appear in the same order and with the same naming conventions, you should be able to create a custom report that can pull in all the necessary fields.  Once you've got your source data aligned with all the fields you need, you should be able to run a macro to populate your template.

You may have to add in Custom Fields to input your Totals as I don't think the Cvent reports will provide the calculations you need for your summaries.  I like your thinking.  If you can automate this, it will definitely be a time saver.

Rebecca Yousif
    Meetings technology Analyst
    Intel Corporation

• 7.  RE: Post Event Reports

Community MVP
    Posted 02-20-2020 10:40
    I agree with all, CUSTOM FIELDS are the answer. 

Before you create them, I do recommend the following:
    1. Get input from all the onsite coordinators about what questions they'd like to be asked
    2. Get input from your higher-level stakeholders about what questions they'd like asked
    3. Collate the info and send it to all of them confirming that "these are the custom fields we'll create"
    4. For some custom fields, you may be able to limit input with discrete options, like checking the box to say "Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree"
    When I think "survey," I try to keep things to quantifiable, reportable data. If you have just a bunch of text fields, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get through. What you want is for most items, a "select from the following choices" kind of list.

Also have a couple of text fields for comments, i.e. "Comments about sleeping rooms," "Comments about conference rooms," etc. Minimal comment boxes to gather data you aren't collecting in a systematic, easy-to-report-on way in your other custom questions.

Survey Monkey, Survey Gizmo, and a few other platforms have some survey best practices and examples of multiple-choice, stack-ranking, stack-ranked matrix questions, etc., to help you create a series of custom fields that will give solid, easy-to-quantify data.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States