Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sessions & How they appear on the Registration & Confirmation Summary

Posted 03-12-2020 11:53
    Does anyone know if there is a setting in the "Sessions" so that only the day, but not the time, will display on the Registration and the Confirmation Summary.  I  am building an incentive trip registration and use the sessions as activity choices.  I want registrants to know what activity they signed up for but I don't want them to see the times.  The times are wrong because I had to set them so I could make the sessions list in a certain order (so I used times).  II don't use the agenda feature so it's ok that the times are wrong.  My attendees will see the correct times when they received a final activity confirmation, not generated thru Cvent.

I would love to have a the date and time settings separate from each other for use on agendas and have these options to display, or not, on the registration/confirmation summaries.

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Patti Gaughan
    Consultant, Conference and Travel Services
    Kansas City Life Insurance Company

• 2.  RE: Sessions & How they appear on the Registration & Confirmation Summary

Posted 03-12-2020 13:32
    Hi, Patti!

If you go into the registration page for sessions, go in to the Build menu on the right.  Scroll way down to the Set Order Criteria area and click on that bar.  Another menu will pop up that shows you Start Date, Start Time, and Category.  You can delete the time option by clicking on minus sign to the right of that.  

Sharon

Sharon Anderson
    Prestige Global Meetings Source

• 3.  RE: Sessions & How they appear on the Registration & Confirmation Summary

Posted 03-12-2020 14:04

I have done that to change the sort order.  However on when the registration is complete – the registration summary page and then the confirmation page displays the time.  Thanks for the help.

Patti Gaughan, CMP
    Consultant, Conference & Travel Services

3520 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111
    Phone: 816-753-7299, ext. 8311 | Fax: 816-561-1565 | Cell: 816-805-0890
    www.kclife.com | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

• 4.  RE: Sessions & How they appear on the Registration & Confirmation Summary

Cvent Staff
    Posted 03-13-2020 13:28
    HI Patti,

If you are using the "registrant's agenda" widget on the confirmation page, you will also be able to scroll down in the site designer to where is says "Set Order Criteria" and if you remove time from there, it also removes it from the page. 

Thank you!

Erica Wise
    Lead Client Success Advisor

• 5.  RE: Sessions & How they appear on the Registration & Confirmation Summary

Posted 03-13-2020 17:18

Thanks – this was helpful.  I wish this option also worked for the registration summary page (prior to submitting registration).

Patti Gaughan, CMP

3520 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111
    Phone: 816-753-7299, ext. 8311 | Fax: 816-561-1565 | Cell: 816-805-0890
    www.kclife.com | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

• 6.  RE: Sessions & How they appear on the Registration & Confirmation Summary

Community MVP
    Posted 03-18-2020 10:41
    Hi Patti,

I know you are looking for changes to the Registration Summary and Confirmation Pages, but I thought I'd share something I used in the confirmation email in case people are interested. I only wanted certain content related to the Showcase Session chosen to show in the email.

There is a data tag that will pull Session Codes {[C-MY SESSIONS:ACC]} into emails.  When setting up your session, add the content you want to share in Code.  

This works best for specific situations with a small number of session choices, because we are unable to change the way the content is laid out.  However, it was a perfect solution for my situation and can be applied to other situations as well.

Wishing you well,
    Loretta

Loretta Peterson
    Event Associate
    CDW

• 7.  RE: Sessions & How they appear on the Registration & Confirmation Summary

Posted 03-18-2020 10:59

Thank you – this was very helpful.

Patti Gaughan, CMP

Phone: 816-753-7299, ext. 8311 | Cell: 816-805-0890