Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  End of your event and what fuels your event?

Community MVP
    Posted 10-20-2019 22:00
    Do you celebrate the end of the event?
    For us, our 3-person 'A' team celebrate with several toasts. Well, maybe more than just several. :)
    We have more than 3 people involved, but we have a little team all to our own.

And what fuels, your event? Ours is fueled with vodka and Red Bull.

So we just finished a weeklong event with +1300 attendees.
    Probably the easiest registration I've had due to the fact that mostly everyone preregistered. Walkups stress me out. :)

Gotta love pcnametag. These were this year's name tags, double sided.

Plus printed agendas. We have a lot of moving pieces as we  have events going on in multiple locations at the same time. I created portal users for those who needs registration lists. We also couldn't do it with OnArrival. Still wish the Android version was on par with iOS.

Next large event is in August. I hope flex will be ready for me. The event is very complicated and has to be built from  scratch.

#Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 2.  RE: End of your event and what fuels your event?

Community MVP
    Posted 10-21-2019 09:03
    This is awesome! Once an event is over, I'd like to explore the local area and celebrate a successful event execution with my team who worked elbow to elbow with me for months on end. However, everyone jumps on a plan or flies home, so this cheese stands alone! I always find fun things to do, but I honestly wish for the camaraderie of my team in the day or two that I stay after the event is over.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: End of your event and what fuels your event?

Community MVP
    Posted 10-21-2019 10:41
    We usually arrive a few days before our event begins. That is when we explore. A couple years ago our event began after Halloween. And we were in New Orleans. Halloween in New Orleans is a blast. A few years before that we were in Colorado and went off roading up a mountain. This year we were local.

Generally after our event, we head to the airport and don't look back. Often some of us not speaking to each other for a few days. :)

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: End of your event and what fuels your event?

Community MVP
    Posted 10-21-2019 10:56
    Oh my gosh, maybe I have been doing this wrong all along! I arrive a couple of days before everyone else does, and that's when I'm finishing up the "daily connection" emails, confirming automated push notifications, and just being there to put out any pre-event fires. Maybe I need to get some "fun meetings" scheduled on the pre-event evenings!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 5.  RE: End of your event and what fuels your event?

Community MVP
    Posted 10-21-2019 16:03
    Pre-event is the time to do it. My notifications are all set at least one week before the event. My fingernails are all bleeding. We do our walkthroughs, sit down for the precon meeting. Last minute registrations. And wait for the S### Storm. :) We are in no mood afterwards. We are tired. We are just relieved we pulled off another event. I look at all the pictures of the event and kinda wish I was there, Instead I'm one day ahead setting things up and answering a million questions.

Maybe there needs to be a connect breakout session, how do you handle a S### Storm? Whatya think about that @Jodi Meier?​ Real life situations. Let's face it. As much as you plan, something is going to happen. Fortunately few people look behind the curtain and notice.

I am so relieved my event is over. I have time to post again. :)

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 6.  RE: End of your event and what fuels your event?

Cvent Staff
    Posted 10-22-2019 14:58
    Thanks for sharing @Steven Schlossman! I have passed your idea along to our planning team. Additionally, I am strategizing with the Cvent CONNECT planning team on how to leverage the Community to identify session topics and presenters. From a community manager perspective, I estimate that for every question posted to the community there are probably 20+ others who have encounter the same issue who didn't take the time to post the question, or more if you want to count those who aren't even on the Community yet.

Back to your original question, I always book a massage and pedicure to celebrate the end of a conference.

Jodi Meier
    Online Community Manager

• 7.  RE: End of your event and what fuels your event?

Posted 10-22-2019 15:08
    At the close of our major annual conferences, we always have a champagne toast among the planning team (usually as half the team is trying to get out the door to a flight), and then provide a spa day or similar pampering opportunity as a thank you.

As a global organization, I'm proud to say we are all fueled by a wide variety of options (though few healthy): Chocolates, Caffeine, Nicotine, Alcohol, Smoothies, and Coconut Water.

Geoffrey Seiler
    Registrar and Travel Coordinator
    International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) .