Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Adobe Analytics with CVENT Flex

Posted 05-06-2020 12:29
    Hi Community,

Does anyone use Adobe Analytics instead of Google Analytics with their CVENT Flex events?

After some digging it's my understanding that by design Flex doesn't support external scripts to load due to enhanced security standards. So our tracking processes with Adobe Analytics which worked great by adding javascript file code snippets in our classic events, no longer works in Flex.

Would be great to get in touch with anyone else who is working through this transition as well or if CVENT has an documentation specific to Adobe Analytics implementation with Flex events.

Thanks,
    Evan
    #ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 2.  RE: Adobe Analytics with CVENT Flex

Posted 05-15-2020 11:15
    We don't use Adobe Analytics, but I am curious to know what benefit you see from this vs Google Analytics? Is it a need for your CRM or Adobe Creative Suite... or???

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme McMilllen & Associates

• 3.  RE: Adobe Analytics with CVENT Flex

Posted 05-15-2020 11:40

Hi Lori,

It's just that we are a big organization and our company wide tools of choice are Adobe Analytics and Tealium. We have internal engineers and support around these products and not around Google tracking products.

We did figure how to go about this actually, so if anyone needs help I can point them in the right direction. However we did notice both on Google Analytics and Adobe the page that fires in FLEX is constantly one behind. So if I have 4 pages, reg info, summary, payment, confirmation - when I'm on the payment page the summary page actually fires in both analytics tool. The CVENT product team is working on this currently.

Anyway, I'd actually recommend using the out of the box Google Analytics integration in CVENT and potentially installing the Linker plugins if you are looking to track cross domain analytics from your marketing event websites through your CVENT registration pages (if they are different domains). Adding a tracking code in the weblink section of the event or including it in your templates so when you create a new event it's already there is way easier than adding code snippets for adobe tracking.

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc