Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  What is a Key Stakeholder?

Posted 01-05-2021 12:26
    In creating a Flex event there is a place to list the Key Stakeholder but I am unclear how this is used.  I have found some information regarding a Key Stakeholder survey and reports portal but nothing specifically on how the information you put in this field is used.  I have always just skipped over this section. Can someone point me to some guidance on this?  TIA
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jennifer Saltzman
    Saltzman Associates (old KSA)

• 2.  RE: What is a Key Stakeholder?

Community MVP
    Posted 01-13-2021 15:21
    @Jennifer Saltzman , I have always put the internal event Sponsor/Payer/Key Stakeholder in this field. That happens to be my VP, out of whose budget the event is paid. I agree that "Key Stakeholder" isn't terribly well defined, probably by design. Because a key stakeholder can be anyone: your boss, the head of your Events program, or the individual that is paying for the event but not necessarily planning it (my VP). I hope this helps!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: What is a Key Stakeholder?

Posted 01-13-2021 18:50
    I'll tack on to Brenda's comments and say that you, once you define what the term 'stakeholder' means to you, using that field allows you to create filtered reports and/or event calendars based on your answer. It won't work as well if you have more than one stakeholder, in my opinion, as the fields for stakeholder name, address, email, and etc. don't really account for multiple stakeholders, but it's a start!

Stacy Wright, CMP
    Senior Manager, US Congresses & Events
    Galderma Laboratories, L.P..