Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Receiving automated email notifications of Messages awaiting us in our profile.

Posted 01-14-2020 10:04
    After my longest busiest time with the most travel (Oct 2019 to January 2020) I am finally getting back into the Cvent forums to contribute. 

Much to my HORROR I found that I had about 25 UNREAD messages sent to me via the Forum! I receive email notifications about "what you missed," and other forum items - how is it that we can't opt into receiving a daily/weekly, or monthly email showing us any messages we've received?

Has anyone put an enhancement request in for this? Of course the point of Forums is to connect with each other. Having to hit several clicks to get to my profile to see if ...maybe... someone sent me a message is very inefficient.

I welcome your comments! Do you all go into your profile to manually check for messages periodically or on a regular cadence?
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 2.  RE: Receiving automated email notifications of Messages awaiting us in our profile.

Posted 01-15-2020 18:37
    Hi Brenda,

I definitely welcome suggestions to improve the Community experience. Community is a category you can submit an idea for under the Ideas section. Your suggestion has not been submitted yet. We very much appreciate your's and everyone's participation in Community and want to make it as easy to do so.

This is about to get lengthy, but below provides more guidance on some of the functionality of the Community.

There are a couple of types of emails that get sent from the Community. Forum, System, Participation, and Promotional, and you can find/update these preferences by going to your profile > My Setting tab > Email Preferences.

Those unread inbox messages are probably mostly participation emails. Unless you have opted out of participation emails, you should have received a real-time notification to the email on file with the full content of the message that is in your Community Inbox. Participation emails include @mentions, private messages, or notifications that an Idea you submitted or follow has changed statuses (ex. submitted changed to planned by the product team). At this time the only option for participation emails is real-time.

When you subscribe to the Open Forum you can subscribe to a daily digest of posts by opting into the personalized digest. The personalized digest is a daily feed of posts with the topic tags listed below your Stated Interests and Observed Interests in your profile.

Promotional email is an out of the box option for the community software we use. At this time, we do not on plan on using the Community platform for promotional emails. If you wish to manage your email communication preferences from Cvent marketing, you may visit the subscription page.

You cannot opt out of system emails because they are required to confirm user participation. System emails relate to Community Terms of Use, and moderation notifications.

Again, please go into the Ideas and submit your ideas Community and product enhancements. We are actively listening customers and working to build powerful platform with the help of customers.

Jodi Meier
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Receiving automated email notifications of Messages awaiting us in our profile.

Posted 01-15-2020 21:07
    I would like to this made visible in the menu bar.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America