Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Designing Invoices

Posted 07-21-2019 18:17
    I'm trying to design an invoice, but the invoice builder is so bad that it's -- for all intents and purposes -- unusable. I'm running out of time and need to launch my event. Are there such things as pre-built invoice templates that I can use? How is everyone else using this tool?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Tom Waddell

• 2.  RE: Designing Invoices

Posted 07-22-2019 08:50
    Following!

I have a very complicated spreadsheet where I've tracked 9 years of event data. I use it to forecast attendance and costs. I break my expenditures into about 15 categories. I have been puzzled by how to reverse engineer those 15 categories into the budget functionality in Cvent. #Event(Classic) #Budget​​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: Designing Invoices

Posted 07-22-2019 11:31
    Our invoicing is for the attendee's use.  I put our logo at the top and Please send check to: our address.  The guts look like this-

invoice

Deanne McCartney
    Business Manager
    Learning Forward Texas

• 4.  RE: Designing Invoices

Posted 07-23-2019 08:46
    I was completely lost in this tool too, so I started using an email instead of building an invoice. I'm not sure if it's the right way to do it, but it saved me so much time! I created an email to send when registrants have outstanding money. In the email, the ORDER SUMMARY data tag shares all the information needed to the registrant. All I have to do is run a report to know who has outstanding money, and then send the email. You still need to build the email template, but the tool is easier to work with! 

Hope it helps!

Cassandre Therrien
    Australian OpCo Pty Ltd trading as cievents