Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  App sponsorship promotion examples

Posted 07-15-2019 08:04
    Would anyone be willing to share their app sponsorship marketing details that would be used when sell app features? Looking for creative ideas to sell app features like banner ads.  I have started with something simple, but always interested in other ideas.
    #EventApp-Building/managing
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Heather Darrow
    Conference Coordinator
    Cornell University - Department Of Animal Science

• 2.  RE: App sponsorship promotion examples

Posted 07-15-2019 08:09
    Hi @Heather Darrow, I'd start with this handy E-book, the Guide to App Sponsorship.

I  have used gamifcation in the app to entice a lot of foot traffic to visit sponsors. Please feel free to give me a call at 678-763-8509 and I can give you a lot of ways that I've used the app for sponsorship. There is also "build your sponsorship package" tool that Cvent offers. I don't have the link handy at this moment and have to run to a meeting, but perhaps someone else on the forum has that webpage link. I hope this helps!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: App sponsorship promotion examples

Posted 07-15-2019 14:31
    Thanks, Brenda.  I have looked at that resource a bit to determine which features I want to sell to sponsors.  I was looking more for ideas on how people have marketed those options to sponsors, to entice them to purchase them (fancy emails, etc.)

Heather Darrow
    Conference Coordinator

• 4.  RE: App sponsorship promotion examples

Posted 07-16-2019 07:21
    Hi @Heather Darrow!

By the way, beautiful headshot! Let me put on my Marketing hat. I need to know 1) what audience is coming to my event and 2) what value to have to sponsors and 3) what is important to my sponsors.

If you have some well-heeled donors who like luxury items and you have a brand like Tiffany's, perhaps that's a good match. If you have a sponsor that wants to generate awareness and creates a webpage that they want your attendees directed to (like, click here to receive a code for 25% off your next order) and your doners put in their email address to get that code, that grows the ​contact list of the sponsor and gives the donor something of potential value. 

Are you going to have a Sponsor exhibition area? One strategy I use is to give owners/presidents of the company (my attendees, your donors) a red ribbon on their badge. Mine says Principal, yours could say Platinum Donor or whatever verbiage you use. If you let the sponsors physically attend the event, they will know who has the financial power to purchase the sponsor's product/service. 

The key is to first assess your attendees and figure out some demographic items: age, income, location, gender, etc. Then figure out what your potential sponsors want: brand awareness, to grow their contact list, to sell a product or service, etc. Try to compare some other similar events that had sponsors: what were their sponsorship tiers, how much was each tier, and how did they market it? 

Fancy emails are great, except for truly effective marketing you need to segment and target accurately.  

Definitely have a page on your website just for Sponsorship. 

I probably raised more questions than I answered for you, but your sweet spot is going to be segmenting and targeting your potential sponsors and then driving them to the Sponsorship page to see what levels there are, the pricing, and weigh the benefits.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 5.  RE: App sponsorship promotion examples

Posted 07-16-2019 08:40
    Thank you for your thoughtful response, @Brenda Ainsburg (and compliment - I took advantage of the opportunity for an update at Cvent CONNECT!)​

Heather Darrow
    Conference Coordinator

• 6.  RE: App sponsorship promotion examples

Posted 07-15-2019 08:22
    Hi,
    I can talk through what we have done, if you want to talk via phone.
    At this time I do not have a document that would detail the sponsorship process for the mobile app.

Feel free to call at 512-471-7005

Eva L. Keidel, CMP
    Event Producer
    The Commons Learning Center at The University of Texas at Austin

• 7.  RE: App sponsorship promotion examples

Posted 07-16-2019 08:43
    Thanks for the offer, Eva!  I will reach out soon!

Heather Darrow
    Conference Coordinator