Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How to change the URL name / description

Posted 05-21-2020 08:32
    Hi there, have anyone tried to change the URL 'name' / 'description' in flex? if so could you let me know as to how do I do that or direct me to an article where I can find out how do I do that? Your support is much appreciated!
    Best,
    Jo
    #BiddingonGroupBusiness
    #EventApp
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingEvents
    #CventCONNECT
    #Miscellaneous
    #ManagingOn-site
    #ManagingRoomBlocks
    #ReportingandInsights
    #SourcingaVenue
    #ExecutingStrategicMeetingsManagement
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Joanna
    Technology Manager
    Cisco Systems Inc

• 2.  RE: How to change the URL name / description

Cvent Staff
    Posted 05-21-2020 16:40
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 01-18-2024 14:10
    Hi Joanna,

Are you referring to changing the URL/web address for your events within the Promotion & Communication > Weblinks section? You can "rename" your weblinks by upgrading to a custom URL or a private domain. That way, instead of having the links in your Flex event appear as https://cvent.me followed by a row of randomly generated characters, you can customize the links further using the custom URL or private domain feature. You will want to speak to your Cvent Account Manager if you do not have one of these included as a part of your contract already.

This article walks step-by-step through the two options (Custom URL or Private Domain) so you can review and decide which one makes the most sense for your organization and events in the system: Upgrading to a Custom URL or Private Domain

Julia Plymack
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent.