Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Facebook Ads and Code Snippets

Posted 08-31-2020 11:00
    Hello, 

I want to run Facebook ads to promote my events. However, I'm having a very hard time getting the correct information to be able to know whether a conversion (someone who registered for my event) came from my Facebook ad or whether it came through organically (someone who registered for my event without going to Facebook). I know how to use Facebook ads without Cvent, but with Cvent I'm lost. I'd be grateful if someone can help me so that the base pixel and standard event code are placed properly so I can track Facebook conversions within Cvent.

The Cvent rep was also unable to explain how I pull up a report on registrations that came via Facebook. If someone can help me with that, I'd be grateful as well.

Thank you.
    Gerri
    #EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Gerri Baum
    Digital and Social Media Manager
    The Ferentz Institute

• 2.  RE: Facebook Ads and Code Snippets

Posted 09-01-2020 08:54
    Hi Gerri,

Within Cvent, we are using Reference IDs. In the Weblinks section, you can create unique weblinks with a reference ID and report on this data using the click through tracking report(s). 

Reference IDs help article: Reference IDs.

Within the help article, you will see how to run reports on Reference IDs. Best of luck!

Beck Stach
    Event Associate Operations
    CDW

• 3.  RE: Facebook Ads and Code Snippets

Posted 09-01-2020 09:06

Hi Gerri,

I think it's important to add reference IDs on your CTA links as Beck has mentioned. In addition, I'd suggest adding your facebook ad tracking pixels onto the CVENT registration pages. Up until a few weeks ago this was a challenge because code snippets in FLEX automatically inserted your code in script tags and the pixel needed a combination of script and no script tags. Now you can use the new feature code widgets though to add the full pixel on your registration pages.

https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000082986
    https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000082866

If you have the conversion pixel on your confirmation page in a code widget it should fire, as it's working fine for me and you can see the conversion metrics in Facebook. Your account rep might need to activate the code widget feature for you.

Also, there is a extension on Chrome called Facebook Pixel Helper that is pretty handy when testing if your pixels are firing correctly.

Hope this helps.

Best,
    Evan 

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc