Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sending Emails Based on Questions

Posted 08-07-2019 15:00
    Hi,

Is there a way or work around to send emails to people who didn't answer specific questions during the registration process? Example: I'm asking for a company logo, I want to email the people who didn't respond with a company logo.
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous
    #ManagingOn-site
    #ExecutingStrategicMeetingsManagement

------------------------------
    Dana Turner

• 2.  RE: Sending Emails Based on Questions

Community MVP
    Posted 08-07-2019 15:05
    Hi Dana,

I just answered a similar question a moment ago, and I think the same solution might work for you:

My cheat for these situations is to use Internal Information fields.

First, you would create a quick custom report that shows the answer to this question plus the usual import fields (first, last, email address or confirmation number), export to Excel, and remove all the people you don't need to contact.

Then you would go to Website & Registration > Surveys > Internal Information and create an Internal Question field with a single answer, something like Q: Logo Submitted, A: No. After this, you would go to Invitee Management > Import > Internal Information and import your list from your report with a column for the Internal Information (if you download the import template, you should see your newly created question at the end of it).

Finally, from the email send, you'd use Advanced Search with a filter for "This Question" equals "No." That should return only the people from your report. Then you can check all and blast away.

I use this for virtually everything that Invitee Management Advanced Search doesn't offer by default, and it's always worked well for me.

Thanks!

Katie McIntyre
    Manager, Technical Production
    Opus Solutions, LLC d/b/a Opus Agency

• 3.  RE: Sending Emails Based on Questions

Community MVP
    Posted 08-07-2019 16:56
    @Katie McIntyre nailed the answer to @Dana Turner's question. Internal info fields are SOOOOO useful! Just remember to update them when you receive the logo! 

Are you using the #Registration Upload A File function?​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 4.  RE: Sending Emails Based on Questions

Posted 08-07-2019 19:04
    Hi Dana - 

If you are in your event and you click on "Reporting", you should see (based on the settings of your account) an option for "Question Summary":

This should show you a report showing your custom registration questions (in this example:  Shirt Size):

if you click on the question, it should show you the names of the invitees who responded to that question:

Let's say you want to send an e-mail to the 4 people who wanted a Large Shirt Size - click on the number of the question you are looking for additional details on:

You've now got a targeted list of people you want to send your specific communication to.

You would then check the box next to the names of the invitees you need to communicate to and if you hover over the Bulk Actions button, you would click on Send Email.

You could then customize an e-mail or use an e-mail template and send communications to this select group of invitees:

Hope this helps!

Becky Yousif
    Meetings Technology Analyst
    American Express Meetings & Events

• 5.  RE: Sending Emails Based on Questions

Community MVP
    Posted 08-07-2019 19:14
    This is BRILLIANT! I wish it included a "No Response" category, but as-is it's a game changer. Thanks for sharing!

Katie McIntyre
    Manager, Technical Production
    Opus Solutions, LLC d/b/a Opus Agency

• 6.  RE: Sending Emails Based on Questions

Posted 08-13-2019 15:12
    Thank you so much for everyone's response! This is all super helpful. I found a work around to send to people who have not responded to a specific question using Becky's instructions above regarding the summary reports. Here's what I did:

1. Create a contact group based on the question you need answered. For this example, I'll use logo. 
    2. Add all the people who were supposed to send a logo in to this contact group
    3. Follow Becky's instructions above regarding the summary reports until you get to the "Bulk Actions" section
    4. Instead of sending an email to those people who did submit it, choose to update their contact group
    5. Change the drop down to "Remove"
    6. Now you have a contact group of only the people who did not submit a logo yet
    7. Send a manual email to those people by selecting the Logo contact group

CVENT definitely needs to add a search feature for emails or invitee management that is based on the questions in registration but for now, this worked beautifully! Once it's all set up, it's easy to go in before each email and do the process to reach the correct people

Dana Turner
    Senior Marketing Manager
    SanovaWorks