Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Uploading vaccination records

Posted 07-16-2021 08:23
    Hi everyone,

We are in the process of planning an event that will have sessions for fully vaccinated and unvaccinated folks. Has anyone had any experience with this and if so, do you require them (and their guests) to upload their vaccine cards when they register or give them until say 48 hours before the event to do so.

This is just one of the many huddles we have to overcome but was hoping someone could maybe share their experience.

Appreciate it!

Isaiah
    #EventApp-Building/managing
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Isaiah Benedek
    Stephen Wise Free Synagogue

• 2.  RE: Uploading vaccination records

Posted 07-16-2021 09:14
    Isaiah,

Tread carefully and perhaps it would be wise to speak to a lawyer before asking attendees to upload private health information to Cvent servers or any other server. 

I would consider avoiding headaches and use the "honor system".

Edd Schillay
    Director of Operations
    The Trial Network

• 3.  RE: Uploading vaccination records

Community MVP
    Posted 07-16-2021 17:17
    This is certainly a difficult subject and some people seem to think it's a HIPAA violation, which it is not.
    In our organization we are using the honor system for one of our close contact events where there are two people in a car.
    Other than that we have not asked for vax cards. In addition to our standard liability waiver, we have a covid waiver.

I know some restaurants in CA have asked to see vax cards them. When I travel I carry my card with me.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: Uploading vaccination records

Posted 07-19-2021 11:33
    Hi all! This is definitely an interesting subject that many in the industry are considering. I wanted to encourage you to register for Cvent CONNECT, taking place on August 1-4, if you are not already. You'll be able to hear directly from industry leaders on these important topics, discuss more with your industry peers, and learn first-hand about the return to in-person and hybrid events. There are many fantastic sessions that can provide you more insight on how to succeed in this new era of events.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent