Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Expanding my team and need Cvent-trained assistant

Posted 08-12-2019 13:17
    I work in Charleston SC for a national insurance agency network headquartered in San Francisco.  I'm looking for assistance with our annual National Conference and fall member forums (we have 5-6 of these smaller events annually in LA, Las Vegas, Charlotte, NJ, Indianapolis among other cities). Our constituents are our 200+ independent agents or  principals, in addition to their producers and agency staff  plus our "preferred partners", the insurance carrier partners marketing reps.

ISU Insurance Agency Network is a lean, efficient machine and embraces technology and innovation. We are fully integrated in Cvent for our registration and website.  We use Crowd Compass for our mobile meeting app; Cvent Appointments to manage our trade show and numerous onsite Cvent solutions such as badge printing, social wall, live Q and A and polling, click, among others. I regularly hire Cvent consultants to join us onsite at our NatCon for mobile app and appointment training to support our attendees' adoption of  our Cvent technologies.

ISU IAN membership growth is driving our increased meeting attendance and I am in need of assistance overseeing the website build, mobile app creation and managing the registration process and its subsequent communications, in addition to preparing reports and analytics and distribution of those to our executive team.

Where have my fellow Cvent users identified potential new hires for similar positions?  I have used event management consultants and their contract-based staff on prior events and find that an expensive and inefficient option. My observation with contract based staff is they are not solely dedicated to my events nor committed to my constituents. I've spent far too much time educating them to our organization's culture.

If anyone has similar experience with a relatively small company looking to grow its in-house meeting staff, I would appreciate your input and advice as to hiring resources you may have encountered.  I would consider a remote staffing options too as many of our team already operates remotely.

I've included several links to highlight videos of our last three NatCons to show the type of events I produce at ISU.

ISU NatCon '19 - Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes

ISU NatCon '18 - JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort and Spa

ISU NatCon '17 - Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel 

In advance, thanks for your ideas and suggestions!
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Andrea Ryan
    VP, Meetings and Events
    ISU Insurance Agency Network
    Mt. Pleasant, SC

• 2.  RE: Expanding my team and need Cvent-trained assistant

Community MVP
    Posted 08-13-2019 08:29
    @Andrea Ryan, I'd like to send you a private message about this. I will see if I can find you on LinkedIn. ​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States