Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Event registration is timing out.

Posted 11-20-2019 20:04
    I am getting complaints that the registration will time out and end the process, causing the registrant to start over. Is there a place to set the time for how long the client can spend on registration?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Eugenia Siedler
    Executive Director
    Alaska Society For Technology In Education

• 2.  RE: Event registration is timing out.

Community MVP
    Posted 11-21-2019 11:59
    How long do I have before Cvent logs me out?

That depends on whether you're collecting credit card info for offline processing.
    If no, your screen can remain idle for an hour before being logged out. If yes, you only have 20 minutes. This cannot be modified.

Thing is, when someone selects an admission or session item, their selection it is going towards the capacity before they submit their registration. If unlimited, it's not so much an issue.

Is it taking people a long time, or are they abandoning the registration?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Event registration is timing out.

Posted 11-22-2019 08:54
    Hi Eugenia,

We have had this issue as well on both event registration and inquisium.  When I was first experiencing it with surveys, customer care recommended making my pages "shorter."  I have tried to add additional registration pages where it makes sense vs. 1 long page. Although this won't keep them from timing out, it will save the pages they "completed."  Not sure if this is an option for you, but just thought I'd share my experience :)

Elaine Barber
    Events Manager
    Associated Luxury Hotels International