Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cross Domain Tracking In Google Analytics

Posted 09-09-2020 08:12
    Has anybody managed to successfully set up Cross Domain Tracking so each sale is attributed to the correct channel in Google Analytics.

This is something I have set up before but cannot get working on CVENT. I have followed CVENT's instructions but it still isn't working.

Thanks
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Michelle Andrews
    Event Manager
    RADD Fest

• 2.  RE: Cross Domain Tracking In Google Analytics

Posted 09-16-2020 06:29
    I know our digital guy has been using UTM codes, idk if that helps

Coy Rushton
    Graphic Designer
    Primary Residential Mortgage

• 3.  RE: Cross Domain Tracking In Google Analytics

Posted 03-03-2021 11:31
    Has anyone been able to figure this out? Our event registrations are all tracking as Direct and not the proper channel that they came in on. We use UTM parameters and everything tracks correctly except for event registrations. We see pageviews associated with the proper channel, just not transactions. HELP!

Marketing Team
    ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers.

• 4.  RE: Cross Domain Tracking In Google Analytics

Posted 03-30-2021 15:59
    I have the same problem. I've narrowed the problem down to potentially three issues: 
    • Our main website's WordPress Google Analytics plugin is triggering an outbound link event when a user clicks on the REGISTER button from our main site. This results in a (not set) for the landing page, which I think then registers as a direct visit. 
    • I hadn't added Cvent to my referral exclusions list
    • Or, maybe because the the cvent.me/xxxxxx shortlink for the event page is a redirect, it's triggering a new session and not capturing the referrer information. I think this is actually the most likely cause.
      • I wish Cvent would integrate Google Analytics into the redirect itself (per this Help article) for this reason.
      • I'm tempted to try linking to the fully expanded event URL instead of the shortlink, but not knowing enough about how Cvent URLs work, I hesitate to do so. 

Leng Caloh
    Sales Consultant
    Serenity Event Solutions