Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Making Decisions More Efficient through Cvent Supplier Network

Posted 02-10-2021 11:42

Hi, all and happy Wednesday! Ready for the next edition of Tip of the Week?

For this tip, we want to highlight some great features through the Cvent Supplier Network that can help you be more efficient when making your venue sourcing decisions. There are so many great venues out there, sometimes you need clear data and reports to show you what's the best fit for your event. Check out the below information to make smarter and more streamlined decisions for the future:

• Redesigned RFP Comparison Reports: The Cvent system does the comparing for you! The View Bids and Availability reports have recently had a fantastic redesign that make it even more customizable and helpful for you.
      • Access these by selecting Manage RFPs > Suppliers & Responses > Select suppliers you'd like included > Reports dropdown > RFP Comparison Reports > Choose report and click Run.
      • You'll notice a modernized design and more customization in the report settings. Set your general settings, language/locale fields, choose the fields you'd like included in the header & footer (such as event dates and RFP key contact organization), and set up your theme colors.
      • There are an extensive number of fields you can include and format options, and all can be controlled through drag and drop or simple check-box functionality.
        • Include venue information, promotion information, key contact information, and general information. Sort and group these details to your preference, again all through an easy-to-use drag and drop!
    • Additional RFP Comparison Reports: The View Bids and Availability reports are not the only ones to check out. Review the following for even more helpful comparisons.
      • RFP and Bids Report
      • Compare Suppliers Report
      • Responses by Destination
    • Shortlisting Suppliers: Wondering how to even choose the suppliers for the above reports in the first place? Use the 'Add to Shortlist' function!
      • Access this by selecting Manage RFPs > Suppliers & Responses > Hover over the dropdown arrow next to the venue name > Add to Shortlist.
      • Shortlisted Suppliers appear at the top of the list in their own section, which makes it quick to select when running your comparison reports.
      • If you are looking to share your top picks with your colleagues or stakeholders, you can also simply send these details now that they are in an organized, easy-to-access list.

Questions for you:

• If you have used the newly redesigned RFP Comparison reports, what important fields do you include and do you sort or group them in a certain way?
    • For someone who has never used these reports, which one is your top recommendation?
    As always, let us know your suggestions, ideas, and questions below! #CventTip

#SourcingaVenue

------------------------------
    Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 2.  RE: Making Decisions More Efficient through Cvent Supplier Network

Community MVP
    Posted 02-24-2021 20:44
    My answer is less about setting up the reporting and more about ensuring conference staff can easily find what they are looking for on your entry in the Cvent Supplier Network.
    1. Have current floor plans, including specs like ceiling height and square footage, attached. Don't make us run to your website and hunt around for that info.
    2. Know your network limitations? State them, and what you can do for a bandwidth upgrade.
    3. Lots of photos of each type of room. I need Run of House singles and doubles, as well as to see your nicer rooms (Governer's suite, Presidential suite) because I need to ensure my execs have a GREAT room
    4. Where is your gym. Yes, seriously, having to call the hotel to find out where the gym is in reference to the conference area and sleeping rooms, what the hours are, and pics of the equipment is a big pain. So many people want to stay active, we need to know this info.
    5. The infrastructure you have to support a Hybrid meeting

Ok, that's about it. :-)

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: Making Decisions More Efficient through Cvent Supplier Network

Posted 02-26-2021 13:15
    I love all of these suggestions, Brenda!! Spot on about the gym info.

[Nikki] [Burn]
    [Travel Technology Administrator]
    [Maxim Healthcare Group]

• 4.  RE: Making Decisions More Efficient through Cvent Supplier Network

User Group Member
    Posted 02-25-2021 10:10
    I have not used these but the redesigned comparison reports sound great! Often times we end up creating our own spreadsheets and all these extra works to compare and contract vendor and suppliers. Being able to save time and do it all right in the system sounds very time consuming and helpful! Being able to customize as well so we can screen grab or export and have something on brand to present to management is great.

Rachel Sigley
    Director, Brand Marketing
    Tata America International Corporation
    NJ

• 5.  RE: Making Decisions More Efficient through Cvent Supplier Network

Posted 02-25-2021 13:14
    I have not had the opportunity to use these yet but the redesigned comparison reports sound interesting. We currently use Google sheets for comparison but this may help. Hope to try it soon.

Scott Sward
    Global Travel and Events Manager
    Viewpoint, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Making Decisions More Efficient through Cvent Supplier Network

Posted 02-26-2021 09:14
    I haven't used the newly designed RFP reporting tool (but excited to do so!).  I've used the tool in the past, and I like the ability to really customize meeting planning needs by day. I'm hoping that vendors are now addressing safety protocols and accommodations as that will be a key factor in venue selection moving forward.

Bouran Qaddumi
    National Field Trainer
    Cajun Operating Company d/b/a Church's Chicken

• 7.  RE: Making Decisions More Efficient through Cvent Supplier Network

Posted 12-08-2021 11:27
    I would also encourage planners to copy the DMO on the RFP.  The DMO reps are able to provide some insight that may not be expressed by venues.

Amy Zientek
    Director Of Sales
    Visit Lubbock The Convention and Visitors Bureau