Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Registrant Emails

Posted 12-15-2020 12:58

It would be great if emails could be sent to registrants using custom filters/criteria and not just the categories Accepted or Declined.  (e.g. custom registration date range to send message to individuals that registered after x date)

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Tasha Morris
    Coordinator
    National Minority Supplier Development Council

• 2.  RE: Registrant Emails

Posted 12-15-2020 16:24
    Hi Tasha,

I hope you are doing great! For custom emails, you are able to add Advanced Filters through the Advanced Settings tab. 

Are you referring to any email in particular? This feature is not available for default emails, such as the Invitation or Registration Confirmation. However, if you are manually sending the Invitation email, as an example, you can also use the Advanced Search function within the send settings to drill down on your audience.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Registrant Emails

Posted 12-15-2020 16:47
    Danielle,

Thanks for clarifying! I see the option to use the registration date as filter for new emails. Is there plan to make this option available for default emails? Or will we have to recreate an updated Registration Confirmation email?

Tasha Morris
    Coordinator
    National Minority Supplier Development Council

• 4.  RE: Registrant Emails

Posted 12-15-2020 17:08
    Hi Tasha,

Of course! I have not heard of that being on the roadmap currently, but I can check into that and follow up if I hear anything further. I noticed you submitted an idea similar to this post, you can also add a comment or edit the idea to clarify you are looking for this function in default emails. 

You are able to duplicate the Registration Confirmation email, then set Audience: Registrants, Send: When an invitee is registered, and then add the advanced filter for the registration date. I would encourage you to test this out in Test Mode, as well, to ensure it functions in the way you are looking for! 

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Registrant Emails

Community MVP
    Posted 12-18-2020 16:25

I sometimes need to send emails based on my own criteria.

I create custom contact questions and filter using the answer to the question.

I'll export attendee contact records and import them back with whatever my answer is.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 6.  RE: Registrant Emails

Posted 12-21-2020 09:50

Hi Steve,

Curious why you choose to use custom contact fields in that situation instead of internal information fields? I prefer not to add custom contact fields unless I absolutely have something new to store across many contacts.

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 7.  RE: Registrant Emails

Community MVP
    Posted 12-21-2020 22:15

@Evan Ring Good point. Internal questions are a better choice. I don't think internal questions where available a few years ago so I used contact questions.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America