Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hide locations from agenda

Posted 08-09-2019 14:19
    Is there a way to hide session locations from the agenda page?  We still need the location to show in the registration, just not on the website agenda.
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Janna King
    Senior Administrative Assistant
    Yale University

• 2.  RE: Hide locations from agenda

Posted 08-10-2019 21:30
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 08-10-2019 21:31
    This?
    Edit Details.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Hide locations from agenda

Posted 08-12-2019 09:05
    Nice work, Steve!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 4.  RE: Hide locations from agenda

Posted 08-12-2019 09:32
    Edited by Janna King 08-12-2019 09:32
    Thanks, that's helpful to know.  I realize now I wasn't clear in my question.  We want most of the session locations to show on the agenda, there are just a handful that we want to hide, due to privacy concerns.  I don't suppose it's possible to choose which session location to show and which to hide?

Janna King
    Senior Administrative Assistant
    Yale University 

• 5.  RE: Hide locations from agenda

Posted 08-12-2019 20:42
    That's going to be tough to select which ones to hide. Maybe someone who is good with css can hide certain locations?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 6.  RE: Hide locations from agenda

Posted 08-13-2019 11:25
    Edited by Katie McIntyre 08-15-2019 11:13
    It's a little tough to hide items on the agenda page with pure css, since the system doesn't give each one a unique identifier to target. If you don't mind muddying up your location reporting with a bit of extra code, you could wrap the location names in a span tag with a special class and target those.

For example, instead of Name: Room A, you would enter Name: <span class="hide-location">Room A</span>, being sure to set the code to something clean you can use for reporting instead. Then in your advanced styles, you would add:

.agendaMiddle span.hide-location {
    display: none;
    }

This would hide the locations for only these items. However, it would also mean that if that room is going to be used for a session where location IS shown, you would need to make two instances: One with the code, and one without. It could also muck up the display on integrated products (such as mobile apps), depending on which product you use and whether they read those fields as HTML. 

You could also do it by using the :nth-child() selectors, but that's a bit more complicated. If you're comfortable sharing a link to your page, I'm happy to show you what the code would look like.

Katie McIntyre
    Manager, Technical Production
    Opus Agency